7 Reasons Why You Need to Offer Chocotherapy at Your Spa
July 01, 2016
According to the McMillan dictionary's buzzword entries, Chocotherapy can be defined as "a health treatment in which a cocoa-based cream is rubbed all over the body in order to cleanse the skin." Chocotherapy's popularity started in the beginning of the 21st century with body lotions, shampoos, and conditioners, as well as with other hair treatments and body, hand, and face creams. More recently, Chocotherapy has been used in relaxing massage therapies and other beauty treatments to help release stress. There are many professional beauty treatments such as Beauty Image's Skin Chocotherapy Kits . Our Choco products are all enriched with 100% cocoa and sweet almond oil. They have innovative, top-quality components that leave the skin feeling smooth and have a light chocolate scent to complement the whole experience.
Chocotherapy is a treatment thought to be one of maximum personal indulgence. It has both sensory and physical effects, and it is especially beneficial for the skin due to its moisturizing and nourishing qualities. In the long term, it can help with lymphatic drainage and act as an anti-cellulite treatment. It comforts the body, as this therapy acts on the nervous system due to its caffeine and polyphenol content. In the short term, it encourages a feeling of well-being and relaxation, thanks to its serotonin- and endorphin-stimulating properties.
Cocoa beans, from which chocolate is produced, have a wide number of beneficial properties. Thanks to the marvelous properties of chocolate, the Choco spa trend has become increasingly popular in the last years, so if you have not included this therapy in your spa's treatments, we will tell you exactly why you need to.
1. One of the biggest benefits of Chocotherapy is that it helps the body fight cellulite. There are several properties that make chocolate the perfect anti-cellulite treatment. When applied to the skin, chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins, also known as "happiness hormones", which in turn can activate the natural process of fat elimination. Due to its high content of flavonoids, chocolate also helps activate microcirculation and stops and prevents the oh-so-hated orange peel skin.
2. Rich in antioxidants and essential amino acids, chocolate also helps prevent premature aging, so much so that its effects on the skin are immediately visible, leaving it soft and silky.
3. Chocolate has two important components: xanthine and theobromine – these components aid in tissue oxygenation, help reduce blood vessel inflammation, and improve circulation.
4. Chocolate has skin strengthening properties and helps with muscle toning. Furthermore, it nourishes and moisturizes the skin, making it more elastic.
5. Since chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins, it acts on the nervous system as an anti-depressant and anxiolytic, while helping provide a sense of relaxation and well-being, even when applied on the skin.
6. Chocolate removes toxins and dead cells. It also helps re-mineralize the skin, thanks to its calcium, potassium, and magnesium content.
7. Not only does chocolate smell lovely, it also has strong anti-stress and calming effects because it stimulates the production of serotonin.