7 Reasons Why You Need to Offer Chocotherapy at Your Spa
January 16, 2019According to the McMillan dictionary's buzzword entries, Chocotherapy can be defined as "a health treatment in which a cocoa-based cream is rubbed all over the body in order to cleanse the skin." This "gourmet" treatment is only one of several derived from natural food/beverage products such as wine (vinotherapy). Can you imagine getting covered in delicious chocolate from head to toe? Definitely a luxury worth enjoying!
The idea of using chocolate for skincare is just logical once you know about the numerous beneficial ingredients it has. Chocotherapy first became popular at the beginning of the 21st century, when beauty specialists came up with body lotions, hair care, cosmetics, and even hair removal products based on the properties of chocolate. Chocotherapy is the ultimate indulgence for the skin and senses, so join us learning more about the effects of this yummy therapy. We are sure you will be more than convinced to start offering chocotherapy services at your spa.
There's a Reason Why It's Called "The Food of the Gods"The word chocolate comes from the Aztec word "xocoatl," which means 'bitter water'. Later on, the cacao tree was given an official Latin Name: Theobroma Cacao, meaning 'food of the gods'; a name that coincides with the Aztecs' belief that this food was fit only for deities. From this ancient origin, chocolate was used not only in rituals for its 'magical properties' but also in everyday life as a cure for several ailments.
Modern science has established that chocolate is a superfood. It might not work like magic, but it does have numerous health benefits. According to The National Center for Biotechnology Information , chocolate has "anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective and cardioprotective effects, and improves the bioavailability of nitric oxide, which action improves the pressure, platelet function, and fluidity of blood."
But let's talk about what really interests us; the skin benefits of chocolate. If you want an ingredient that has moisturizing, nourishing, anti-cellulite, exfoliating and relaxing properties all in one, then chocolate is the right choice for a complete – and luxurious – spa treatment that our clients will love. Just look at these reasons we picked to include chocotherapy in your range of services:
Your Spa Should Offer Chocotherapy Because:1. It prevents premature aging: chocolate is rich in antioxidants and essential amino acids. These components combat free radicals (which cause cell oxidation and therefore aging). The softening effects of chocolate on the skin are immediately visible, but it can also protect the skin from lines and wrinkles in the long run. Chocolate's high content in minerals and omega-6 fatty acids can fade scars progressively since they help with skin healing at cellular level. Needless to say, chocolate is also a remarkable moisturizer which leaves skin plump and radiant. Chocolate's flavanols increase circulation which keeps skin from drying out.
2. It improves circulation: Chocolate has two important components: xanthine and theobromine – these components aid in tissue oxygenation and help reduce blood vessel inflammation. They also boost blood flow and assist the growth of new cells, keeping skin looking young and radiant. Additionally, chocolate's high content in flavanols helps improve dermal blood flow and enhance skin healing.
3. It re-mineralizes skin: chocolate is excellent at removing toxins and dead cells thanks to its content in iron, copper, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. The latter is predominant in cocoa and helps in protein synthesis and energy production.
4. Helps fight cellulite: there are two properties that make chocolate a perfect ally in anti-cellulite treatments. The first one is that its flavanols help activate microcirculation, which improves the appearance of the oh-so-hated orange peel skin. The second one consists in the capacity chocolate has to stimulate the production of endorphins, also known as "happiness hormones", which can, in turn, activate the natural process of fat elimination.
5. It protects your skin from the sun: chocolate – especially dark chocolate – is so rich in flavanols that it can protect the skin from sun damage. According to a study, the MED (minimal erythemal dose or minimum of UVB rays that can cause redness after sun exposure) doubled after the subjects consumed dark chocolate for 12 weeks. As mentioned before, flavanols are antioxidant components, so they naturally help restore the skin after sun and environmental damage.
6. It provides a sense of relaxation and well-being: since chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins and serotonin, it acts on the nervous system as an anti-depressant and anxiolytic, even when applied on the skin.
7. It has strong anti-stress and calming effects: chocolate's delicious smell conjures up feelings of comfort and pleasure. Last but not least, chocolate's theobromine (and small content in caffeine) can perk you up and give you that needed energy boost.
How to Offer a Complete Chocotherapy TreatmentChocolate is not only the key ingredient to moisturizing and revitalizing body treatments, but it can also even be present in hair removal products such as waxes and post-depilatories. The market is filled with professional chocolate-based products such as the Chocotherapy Line, which is Beauty Image's signature collection of skin care. Chocotherapy products are enriched with 100% cocoa and sweet almond oil. Every product on this line can be used in combination for a full chocolate treatment. You can start with the smoothest hair removal with the Choco Wax can or roll-on, then refresh the skin with the Choco Ice tonic, and finally deeply moisturize it with Chocofango.
Beauty Image's whole Chocotherapy line guarantees the most pleasurable waxing experience + body treatment your clients have had. What can be better than pampering the skin and the senses with chocolate's sweet properties? Your clients can get all chocolate everything with our wonderful Chocotherapy . You can be sure you'll keep them coming back for this sweet treat!
Chocotherapy is an affordable luxury that we are sure all your customers won't be able to resist. If you currently don't offer chocotherapy at your spa, why not give it a try with one of our Chocotherapy kits? Licensed estheticians, you are invited to give us a call at TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form below to get all our chocolate goodness. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get our latest news right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa