Soy Marvelous Jar
Gold Nacree Wax
5 Ways to Wax the Bikini Line
April 12, 2019You cannot sport swimwear and shorts comfortably without a bikini line wax! There's nothing sexier than feeling confident about what you are wearing, so many women hit the wax room before getting to that pool party to flaunt their new bikinis and their flawless skin.
For many clients coming over asking for a bikini wax, it's their very first time thinking about a method other than shaving to groom their nether region, and you, as a professional, should be ready to guide them through the process and make it easy so they'll want to switch to waxing forever. After all, being an esthetician doesn't only involve techniques and hard body waxes, it also comes with the responsibility to educate your clients. Why not get ready to tell everyone about the details of bikini waxing and the different ways to wax the bikini line? We assure you'll get lots of bikini regulars once you pass on this useful information.
First things first: choosing the best intimate waxing methodWe are going to focus on bikini waxes here, but we're also going to mention the (in)famous Brazilian!
Bikini waxes were the first type of intimate waxing to become popular. As fashion got shorter, it became more necessary and popular to get rid of hair down there. In this type of waxing, you get rid of the hair in the bikini line area, and you clean up the top. Not all the hair in the intimate region goes. Bikini waxes go smoothly when using high-quality hard waxes, which guarantees an effective and mess-free application. If your client is new to intimate waxing, a bikini wax is the best way to get them started. They'll love the results and they will ease up into intimate waxing before they try the dreaded Brazilian.
Speaking of Brazilians, they are very popular but quite scary for anyone who hasn't tried waxing before. This is the most intimate that waxing can get: all hair is removed, front and back. This means the labia; the butt crack and buttocks are all stripped from hair. Like in bikini waxing, hard waxes make the job easier.
Having cleared this up, you should tell your clients that every bikini line wax type will stem from these two major types. Now let's look at some of the different ways you can advise your clients to get a bikini line wax.
5 ways to wax the bikini line
- Basic bikini Only any hair that would peek out of a bikini, nothing else. The basic bikini is fast and easy, and the least scary type of intimate waxing.
- Full bikini Besides from any hair in the panty line, all hair at the front is removed too. This style is advisable for very low-cut bikinis and underwear but still doesn't mess with hair in more delicate areas.
- Brazilian and Full Brazilian As we explained before, Brazilians involve complete removal of hair in the intimate area. The classic type leaves a triangle, landing strip or other types of shapes on the front, whereas the full type doesn't even leave the strip of hair, it all goes!
- Combination Different wax bars offer different combinations of intimate waxing + other areas to enhance the results. For instance, you can get a basic bikini plus the trail of hair from the belly button to the mons pubis removed, or a full Brazilian plus the legs, or the buttocks. Some packages even include the whole body with a Brazilian, but beware, this one is not for the faint-hearted.
- Shapes If your client likes to try different things, they will probably be down for the idea of decorating down there with different shapes. What about a strawberry, a star or other fun shapes?
Advantages of getting a bikini line wax
- Feeling more confident wearing all types of clothes.
- Feeling fresher, especially when working out or in hot weather.
- Getting less hair growth if the waxing is kept up frequently.
- Smoother skin in the intimate area provides a sexier, healthier feel.
Advice before and after a bikini waxWe can't stress this enough: you should let your clients know that the preparation before the appointment and the aftercare are crucial for good waxing results. While the professional has got a good deal of responsibility in their hands, the client must follow a few guidelines as well.
- Keep hair growing for at least two weeks. If too short, it won't be grabbed correctly. If it's too long, it'll make the process more difficult and painful as well. Needless to say, do not shave before the appointment!
- Show up clean and at the wax room.
- Wear comfortable and loose clothes and underwear.
- Do not wear perfumes, lotions, or other products in the area you'll get waxed.
- Keep wearing loose clothes for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Do not sweat, workout, or have intercourse at least in the first 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid fragrances and chemicals in the area, use only a pH-neutral, soapless cleaner.
- Do not go to the beach, pool, sauna, or get sun exposure at least in the next 48 hours after waxing.
- Do not pick on ingrown hairs and exfoliate around 3 days after waxing.
- Do not shave in between waxing appointments! Stick to waxing and you'll have much better results.
Who should avoid getting a bikini line waxIt's the professional's duty to discourage a waxing treatment if the client's skin is not in optimal health condition.
- Skin infections
- Rashes or allergies
- Serious nicks or cuts from shaving
- Suspicion of an STI
- Menstruation (during, and a couple of days before and after since the body is more sensitive to pain).
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa