10 Reasons Why Waxing Is Better Than Shaving
January 12, 2017To wax or to shave? That is indeed a good question. Out of all the different hair removal options that exist nowadays, these two seem to be the most popular ones. Shaving is a fast and easy way to remove body and facial hair using razors or any other kind of bladed implements, while waxing removes the hair by applying either soft body waxes or hard body waxes onto the skin so that the hair sticks to it and can be pulled out. Each one of these hair removal procedures has its own pros and cons, but if we had to choose the one with the most benefits for the skin, there is only one winner: waxing.
Even though shaving might seem like the most effective alternative it's fast, cheap, and it can be done anywhere without creating a big mess when weighing all the pros and cons of each procedure, waxing ends up being the best option in the long run, regardless of its common inconveniences. Here are ten specific reasons why you should choose waxing as your primary hair removal method.
- Waxing removes dead skin cells Waxing not only removes hair, it also exfoliates your skin. When you pull out the wax from your skin, it takes away dead cells and leaves a brand-new layer of skin. This is why the body or face feels so smooth after waxing.
- Long-lasting results Shaving doesn't entirely remove hair, it just cuts off the hair shaft, which is only the visible part of the hair on the surface of the skin. But hairs are much longer than that; they grow from the hair follicle deep in the dermis (layer of skin below the epidermis). That's the reason why after shaving, fuzz grows back so quickly in just one week hairs are visible again. On the other hand, waxing does remove hairs from the root; therefore, it takes a lot longer for hairs to grow back and be visible on the surface of the skin from three to four weeks, depending on the person.
- Hairs might cease to grow Waxing mercilessly pulls hairs out from the root; this action weakens the hair follicles, and therefore, hairs grow back, but are less strong. Overtime, if you wax on a regular basis, hairs might actually stop growing because the hair follicle is too damaged to work properly.
- Hairs grow back thinner Given that waxing weakens the hair follicles, sometimes hairs start to grow much thinner, and they become easier to pull out the procedure even gets less painful!
- Smoother outcome The final result after a waxing session is much smoother and attractive than any other kind of shaving method, especially because the hair is pulled out from the root.
- No more hyperpigmentation In case you didn't know, hyperpigmentation is a condition that develops when small areas of the skin become darker than the rest. These dark spots can appear on skin that has been shaved several times, depending on the person, his or her type of skin, and health condition. Sometimes, even dermatologists are required to solve the problem. This will never happen with waxing.
- No more itching Itchy legs, armpits, or pubic areas are a common problem for women and men even right after shaving. With waxing, this could be prevented by using high-quality, nourishing waxes that are made to treat and prevent said side effects.
- No more cuts You can say goodbye to razors and unintentional cuts on your skin. When shaving, you can seriously harm yourself when the blades are too sharp or if you're not paying attention to what you're doing. Although waxing can also be dangerous skin burns can be caused by hot wax - there are plenty of spa businesses and hair removal specialists to which you can go to in case you don't feel confident enough to do it yourself.
- Wide range of options There are lots of different waxes on the market and plenty of spas that offer waxing services of good quality. Soft body waxes, hard body waxes, waxes with scents and moisturizing properties, products especially made for people with sensitive skin Truly, the alternatives are endless.
- Fast yet better results We won't lie, shaving will always be the fastest way to remove hair, and you can get hairless legs, for example, in just ten minutes. However, waxing doesn't require much time either, and for the little extra time you're spending, you will get much better results.
If you're a licensed esthetician and you're looking for new waxing products to improve your services at your spa or beauty business, we invite you to check out our wide array of soft and hard body waxes, pre and post depilatory products, and waxing accessories. Contact us at TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 for more information! You can fill out our contact form to talk to one of our representatives. Also, don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel, find us on Facebook at Beauty Image USA, and follow us on Twitter @BeautyImageUSA. To keep up to date with our future blog posts about beauty care and recommendations for estheticians, subscribe to our newsletter.