When going to a salon, you are paying not only to not have to do it yourself, but you are paying for these services to be performed by a professional. Salon estheticians have a responsibility to cater to their client’s needs while also utilizing the best products and high-quality tools. In the cosmetic and beauty world, there is no short supply of different products and accessories available to professionals. Most professional wax formulas are meant to increase effectiveness during a wax treatment.
There are a lot of reasons why most professional waxes are not meant for home use. Waxing is a delicate process that should be done by a professional with the best wax formulas that complement their certification skills. Moreover, professional waxes have a wider variety and include exclusive ingredients in the formula.
To become a professional waxer and qualify to service clientele, you must need a high school diploma and an esthetician or cosmetologist license. One of the main priorities of an esthetician is to always consider the client’s well-being and peace of mind. Clients put their bodies into the hands of a professional expecting to have their treatment done with attention, precision, and care.
Professional Wax Formulas
There are different types of waxes but the main two are hard soft or hard body waxes. These two must both be available options in a professional salon or spa business when offering hair removal services. In general, soft waxes are used to wax large areas of the skin quicker, and hard waxes are used in smaller, more sensitive areas where the skin would be more sensitive.
Although they both remove hair effectively, it’s always good to keep in mind that each waxing formula is different. It’s always good to check the products and the ingredients list to ensure that you are receiving treatment with high-quality products. There are some wax formulas that require a low melting point and can be used to wax sensitive areas that usually would be done with hard wax.
Rosin and beeswax are usually the main components of wax formulas along with natural properties like vitamins A, C, and E. One of the many perks of using natural ingredients in our formula is that many contain hypoallergic properties that complement the aftercare treatment of freshly waxed skin.
- Cotton oil
- Argan oil
- Lotus Flower Extract
- Jelly Extract
- Tamanu Oil
- Activated Charcoal
- Fruit extract (strawberry, lemon, cocoa, etc.)
- Chamomile extract
Most professional waxes contain a plethora of benefits for estheticians and clients. Although first timers may feel slight discomfort when waxing, waxing is a gentler alternative to shaving. Not only does waxing make the skin softer to the touch, but it also makes the hair take longer to grow back than shaving.
Wax formulas aren’t the only thing needed to ensure a professional esthetician’s treatment is up to their standard. Professionals also use products for pre-and post-care and specific tools to make the process easier and more effective.
Tools & Accessories
Professional waxes are an esthetician’s main priority when it comes to giving hair removal treatments, but they aren’t the only thing an esthetician needs to give a great service! Estheticians and salon owners must be equipped with all the tools and materials necessary for performing a professional wax treatment. It is important to not only have the tools but guarantee that you are servicing your clients with the best, high-quality tools on the market.
Waxing Materials and Accessories
- Spatulas: Most spatulas and applicators are usually made from wood but in some cases, can be found in plastic or stainless steel. These are essential tools to have because it is used to evenly spread a layer of wax on the skin to ensure a switch and large removal.
- Muslim/non-woven strips: The stripes are specific to removing hair and help the wax effectively remove the skin from the pore. They usually come in 3 x 9-inch strips, but they also come in different formats. The epilating strips can be sold in various sizes or in a roll so that the esthetician can cut the strip at the length of their preference.
- Wax heaters: Most professional wax heaters come with the necessary mechanisms to keep the wax heating process aware of the wax heating process. With the wax heaters, you can control the temperature to reach the required heating level needed to melt the wax to the perfect consistency without overheating the wax. Using a professional wax heater is more reliable than using a traditional heater or microwave because you can control and monitor the temperature better and it maintains organization and productivity in your workstation.
- Hard wax pots: Waxing pots have a handle attached to them and it is usually made from aluminum so that they may withstand constant exposure to heat. They help estheticians melt hard wax and make it easier to maneuver various waxing tools.
- Waxing cart: One of the best ways to keep all your waxing tools and formulas together is to have a waxing cart. It helps estheticians keep everything all in one place and prevents them from forgetting a product or stepping in the treatment. They come with various shelves and compartments so that all the tools and materials have their own place and aren’t all over the place. You can have all your materials within reach and out of people’s way. These are great for estheticians working in a large salon or in a small space.
Beauty Image offers all these products and more, and they are all available to purchase on our website. We offer a variety of different wax formulas, accessories, and tools to ensure that our clients and servicing their customers with the best and high-end waxing products out there.