How to Use Cold Wax Strips
April 28, 2019Both estheticians and clients need a product that guarantees effective waxing without hassle and said product is, of course, wax strips. Sure, we all know that soft and hard body waxes are wonderful at getting rid of hair, but they are not always the easiest and most straightforward option. Luckily, cold wax strips have been around for a while to make waxing a walk in the park.
If you still haven't waxed with cold strips yet, you're missing out on the wonderful results of waxing with the least time, effort – and possibly money – spent. Here is everything you need to know about wax strips and how to use them correctly to get super-smooth skin in a snap.
What Are Cold Wax Strips?This depilatory solution consists of pre-waxed and ready-to-use muslin or cellulose strips. They are also pre-cut to a standard size or even to different sizes according to the areas where they are meant to be used: legs, bikini, or face. Cold wax strips saw the day in the 1960s, sometime after the bikini line wax made its entrance.
It's called "cold wax" because it doesn't need to be warmed. Most strips just have to be warmed a bit between the palms of your hands to soften before application. Each wax strip is double-sided: one side comes pre-waxed and the other is a protective layer that is ready to peel off and expose the wax.
Wax strips are pretty inexpensive and they get the job done quickly and easily. Professionals and DIYers alike should always keep them in stock to facilitate waxing treatments in any part of the body. Everyone can use wax strips safely and effectively, from first-time waxers to experienced professionals. Wax strips cause minimal discomfort.
Most wax strips come with post-depilatory towelettes (wipes) to clean up and protect the area after waxing, and one pack is usually enough for several waxing sessions, according to the body part and the coarseness of hair. A single pack has got everything you need for a complete waxing session.
How to Use Cold Wax StripsUsing cold wax strips is pretty straightforward, but there are a few tips to make it even easier and much more successful, whether you're at the salon or at home.
- Make sure the hair is long enough (1/4 inch), otherwise, it will be hard for the wax strips to pull hair effectively. Remember that they are not as sturdy as other types of wax, especially on coarser hair.
- Always warm the strips a bit between your palms. This will soften the texture of the wax and allow it to adhere better to the skin.
- Apply even pressure down against the skin when you put the strip on the desired area. This will distribute the wax evenly and produce better results. Stick to the basic rule of waxing: press the strip in the direction of hair growth, while you hold the skin taut at the end of the strip.
- Rip the strips in the opposite direction of hair growth and do it FAST! How quickly you rip off the strip will make the difference between clean and effective hair removal and shabby results. If you hesitate and act slowly, you might break the hair and get some hair left behind.
- Try not to cut pre-waxed strips to size. This can result in a messy application. Wax strips come in different sizes and shapes, so it's best to get the size you need for the body part you want to treat.
- Look for natural ingredients in your wax strips formula. Aloe vera, honeybee, vitamin E, lavender, chamomile, and essential oils such as jojoba, argan, and almond are good options.
- As you know, using wax strips does not involve any preparation of the wax, but it does call for skin prepping. Exfoliate 24 hours before waxing, wax on clean skin, use some baby powder to absorb moisture if you're sweaty and avoid sunbathing, hot showers and skin irritants before your wax.
- When it comes to post-depilatory measures, respect the same rules you would with any other wax: avoid tight clothes, heat, sweaty activities, sun exposure, and other irritants right after waxing and for at least 24 hours. Wait 24 to 48 hours to exfoliate the area and then keep up with this routine every other day to keep dead skin cells at bay. Last but not least, use the post-depilatory wipes or a tonic to condition the skin after your treatment. you'll get silky smooth and bright skin in no time.
- Maybe you don't know this, but you can use the strips several times until they no longer stick to the skin. Once you adhere the strip to the skin once, there will be no more wax left, but the strip itself can help you touch up any stray hairs.
Get the best wax strips, as well as soft and hard wax and a wide range of accessories from Beauty Image, a leading brand for the best depilatory products. Call TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form below to get more information about us. Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest waxing news right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa