3 Pros and Cons of a Full Body Wax
February 02, 2018Waxing may not be the most comfortable beauty ritual for some. To avoid pain, many clients book individual waxing procedures, and they get no more than three areas of the body waxed during a single session. However, a few clients get their whole body smoothed out at once with a full body wax package. Spas and salons usually offer a combination of full face, full arms, full legs, and intimate area (Brazilian style) during a single 45-minute to one-hour session made only for the bravest.
Professional estheticians must make a full body wax as comfortable as possible for their clients. From the high-quality soft body waxes to the atmosphere of the wax room, every detail is especially important during full body wax procedures so you can gain the client's trust. If you are an esthetician, this blog post will give you a few tips on how to offer the best possible full body wax experience at your salon. If you're a client who is considering getting a full body wax, you will find some pros and cons.
What Clients Want from a Full Body Wax
- A friendly, assuring attitude: Anyone who books a full body wax knows that discomfort might add up as each area is waxed. Therefore, clients want estheticians to approach them in a helpful and assuring way. As soon as a client walks into the room for a full body wax, the esthetician ideally should encourage the client to ask questions if he/she feels like it and remind them that staying relaxed will make the experience easier. It is worth mentioning that a full body wax might take longer than expected for reasons that are out of the esthetician's control. For instance, the patient might need some time to recover after each area is waxed. Other clients might have to wait longer to get their waxing treatments done if this happens, which is why it is necessary to allot enough time for each full body procedure. The esthetician should be knowledgeable enough to respond to any questions, deal with anything that comes up, and keep the client comfortable and confident.
- Professional expertise:Clients want to put themselves in the hands of an expert for an extensive procedure like a full body wax. It is a good idea to have your best esthetician perform full body waxes since they take longer and involve different body parts. The person you choose must be experienced enough to know how to deal with each body part.
Hygiene and quality: It's the esthetician's duty to perform a completely hygienic procedure. Take precautions before starting the procedure and have the client fill out a questionnaire to see if they have any contraindications to waxing treatments.
- Flexibility:It is important to offer your clients flexibility. Some of them will want to add up services freely instead of sticking to the full body package, so be sure to arrange your wax procedure "menu" in a way that can satisfy any client.
- A reasonable price:Salons and spas have different prices based on their location and the gender of the client. High-end spas will charge more for any waxing procedure, whether it is done area by area or is a full body wax. Additionally, men usually pay more than women. On average, a full body wax can start at $150 and go up from there. The full body wax package, however, can be cheaper than getting each area waxed in individual sessions. Some spas offer very flexible appointments that even include monthly, bi-annual, or annual plans that can make a big difference in the price when it is all said and done. An annual waxing fee is always cheaper in the long run, and it allows the client to get an unlimited amount of waxing procedures, including full body or any combination of body parts they desire.
- Smooth all over vs. aching all over
With a full body wax, clients' bodies will be smooth all over after only one session. In general, clients report that they feel so much better about themselves once they step out of a salon knowing that they have gotten rid of hair all over their body. They feel sexier and more confident since they can wear anything they want: backless dresses, spaghetti straps, bikinis, and open necks—everything feels better with silky-smooth skin. However, this feeling comes at a price. A full body wax will be painful and/or uncomfortable. The extent of the discomfort will depend on the pain threshold of the client and their frame of mind on the day of the appointment. For some people, a full body wax is not a traumatic experience at all. In fact, they prefer to have several areas waxed during the same appointment.
Estheticians can help ease the pain by recommending clients to take a couple of painkillers prior to the appointment. By the same token, it is vital to use pre-depilatories and post-depilatories to clean the area that is going to be waxed and soothe the skin after the procedure. Estheticians must instruct clients to take care of their skin after the procedure to minimize risk of infection, irritation, or any other negative reaction, such as red bumps and ingrown hairs. You can check our related blog post to get a few Post Waxing Care Tips to Remove Skin Red Bumps.
- Save time with a single appointment vs. booking several appointments
Getting everything waxed during the same appointment helps save time, which is what many clients prefer because of their tight schedules. A full body wax session can last 45 minutes to one hour (maybe a bit more depending on the client), whereas individual areas like the legs and arms can take up to a half an hour (Small areas like the face can take between five and 20 minutes.) A full body wax is the best way to achieve the smoothness you want in a single session.
A single full body wax cannot guarantee that all the hair will grow back at the same pace. After a full body wax, you will notice that hair grows back faster in some areas than others. This is because the hair growth cycle is not uniform. Hair can be in its growth phase, resting phase, or shedding phase. If our hair were in the same phase at any given time, we would lose all of our hair. The stages of hair growth can't be uniform. However, after a few waxes, you will observe less hair growth because your hair follicles are getting weaker. You will stay smooth for longer and your hair will grow back thinner. Pamper your clients with a luxurious full body wax experience with Beauty Image's products. We have a wide range of waxes and waxing accessories to help you stock your salon. Call us at TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or send us your questions through the contact form on this page. If you wish to have our beauty blog posts, tips, and maintenance guides for estheticians sent straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter. Also, don't forget to find us on Facebook as Beauty Image USA, and follow us on Twitter @BeautyImageUSA, and Instagram @beautyimageusa.