Soy Marvelous Jar
Gold Nacree Wax
What is The Best Professional Wax for Hair Removal?
February 04, 2021Estheticians are trusted not only for their hard-earned skills, but for their knowledge on wax products and accessories. There are many people enjoying the perks of body waxes, but few of them know how to recognize true quality among the variety of products available. As an esthetician, you should know what to look for and what to avoid depending on the type of treatment you plan on applying. Because of this, you should always have the best ingredients among your professional waxing supplies for beauty salons, or you might fall short when it comes to satisfying your client's preferences. If you plan on having the best collection of wax products, we have all the information you need to get started.
Professional Body WaxesWaxes are separated into two major categories, depending on the area you want to treat and your client's type of skin: soft waxes and hard waxes. Wax products, however, can also be separated according to their melting point and the temperature they take when they're applied on the skin. From this classification, we have cold waxes and hot waxes.
Because they must be warmed to a certain temperature to remove the hairs from the roots, both soft and hard body waxes fall into the 'hot wax' category. Depending on their ingredients, they must reach a specific temperature to get the perfect consistency, so estheticians use a professional wax heater to prep them before moving on with the wax treatment. Here's what you need to know about them:
- Soft wax: Probably the most well-known type of wax. Soft waxes are used to remove hair from large areas like the legs, arms, and back. Usually enriched with resin, soft waxes are applied in very thin layers and removed with a muslin strip after the layer has been evenly spread on the skin. Because of this, they are also called strip waxes. Soft waxes adhere to the skin before removing the hairs, so they have a gentle exfoliating effect that strips the skin's outer layer. They work well with both coarse and fine hairs, and this makes them useful for a variety of hair removal treatments.
- Hard wax: Because they don't adhere to the skin, hard waxes are estheticians' first choice when it comes to waxing sensitive parts of the body. They are applied in thicker layers and removed without a strip, always in the opposite direction of hair growth. Hard waxes are slightly harder to master but they reduce the chances or burns and infection on skins suffering from allergies and sensitivity problems. They can also be applied on the same area more than once without hurting the skin, giving more chances to remove errant hairs straight from the root.
Cold waxes are ideal for people with little time and a tight schedule, but they are not the go-to choice when it comes to professional hair removal services.
Other Professional Waxes for Hair Removal
- Sugaring paste: Made of sugar, lemon, and hot water, sugaring paste is one of the oldest hair removal solutions around. Because it shares many perks with soft/hard body waxes and follows a relatively similar process, sugaring paste is often placed in the same category of professional waxes in terms of professional hair removal solutions. Like hard body waxes, sugaring paste grabs the hairs without adhering to the skin, so it can be applied multiple times without causing problems or additional discomfort for the client.
- Fruit wax: These wax formulas are enriched with fruit extract, so they add a number of soothing, moisturizing, and antioxidant properties that will work wonders on sensitive skins during a wax treatment. They can be removed without a strip and pose fewer risks when it comes to infection, redness, bumps, and rashes. Strawberry, plum, and papaya extract are some common ingredients in fruit waxes.
- Chocolate wax: The benefits of chocolate have been proven time and time again on different skin care treatments. As such, chocolate waxes use these properties to provide a powerful antioxidant effect that helps the skin heal faster after a session. They also have a creamy texture and a sweet fragrance that makes them very pleasant to the senses.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa