Gone are the days where waxing was strictly a woman's practice. Regardless of their social status, men around the world have started to see the many advantages of a regular waxing session. Among them is the amount of discomfort a man can avoid when an aesthetician is equipped with the appropriate waxing products for men. Despite all this, there are certain areas that are still considered off limits. Manzilian wax is a procedure that offers many advantages while still making many men wary and cautious. We are here to describe the benefits of this technique and hopefully help dispel many misconceptions.
Manzilian wax is a common name given to Brazilian wax for men. The name itself has also spurred variations like "Boyzilian" "Guyzilian" and "Brozilian" with varying degrees of success. As you can probably guess, it's inspired by the traditional Brazilian wax, which is more discussed among women and is widely known for leaving the genital area fully bare.
In simple terms, the Manzilian wax involves removing hair from the man's nether regions. The treatment itself changes from one client to the next, depending on each person's preference. It removes the hairs around the edges, as well as all the genital hair, leaving the groin area fully bare. If the client wishes, the wax treatment can cover the scrotum, perineum, and the entire anal region.
Male Bikini Vs. Male BrazilianDespite the similarities between the two methods, certain key elements separate the Manzilian from a male bikini wax. Bikini wax refers to the removal of the hair surrounding the underwear line. For both men and women, the goal is to clean up this particular area so the inner thighs and the upper area that leads to the groin are waxed. If necessary, the hair at the edges of the groin area is trimmed for full effect. It's recommended for clients to experience bikini waxing before moving on to Brazilian wax, which is more invasive and painful in comparison.
Manzilian wax requires treating the man's most intimate area, waxing all his "private parts." This is an understandably daunting option for new clients, but it provides an aesthetically pleasing look that will also prove to be more practical in the long run.
"Leave waxing to professionals" is a basic recommendation that's ten times more relevant when it comes to both male bikini wax and Manzilian wax. There are specialized techniques and professional experience involved in the process to reduce risks and discomfort. By trying to wax such an intimate area, a beginner can cause serious damage and make way for several infections.
How Painful it is the Manzilian Wax?
This a very reasonable question since we are dealing with arguably the most sensitive area on a man's body. For those trying Manzilian for the first time, pain is unavoidable. The amount of discomfort during the procedure will depend on the client's threshold of pain and the products used to treat the skin. The vitamins and the eucalyptus oil in the For Men warm wax work as great alternatives to minimize the client's discomfort. A suitable wax product is also necessary to reduce the risk of irritation and ingrown hairs, which can be a real bother due to the constant friction that takes place around this particular area.
What Should Clients Expect from Manzilian Wax?When it comes to Manzilian wax, the right technique and safe products are essential to instill a sense of security in clients. They also result in a quicker and simpler process. A Manzilian wax session usually lasts around 40 minutes and the groin area remains hair-free for two weeks after the procedure. When performed regularly, the hairs grow finer, and more time can pass before having to schedule a new waxing session.
So, what exactly is the Manzilian wax about? The procedure itself is not unlike a regular waxing session for men, but there are some details that we need to talk about:
- Before: Like with any wax session, there are precautions that clients and aestheticians must keep in mind before the procedure:
- Clients must exfoliate the skin in advance and continue the habit for future waxing sessions.
- The hair must have grown at least one quarter of an inch, while some cases might need prior trimming to reduce pain during the wax treatment.
- There must be no traces of irritation or infection on the skin so both clients and aestheticians must be on the lookout for signs of skin conditions.
- A sanitized environment is imperative during any waxing session, and the Manzilian is certainly no exception. On top of ensuring optimal hygiene standards within the working area, the aesthetician must be wearing single-use gloves throughout the treatment and use only sterilized accessories to treat the client's skin.
- During: The wax is applied in small patches and pulled in the opposite direction of the hair growth. The estimated duration of a session changes when the hair is particularly thick and/or abundant. Since Manzilian wax deals with a highly sensitive area, hard waxes are the most appropriate choice to reduce discomfort and ensure a healthy skin afterwards. Eucalyptus is an excellent moisturizer and has powerful antibacterial properties to help regenerate the skin. This is why the components in the For Men line are ideal to wax the men's intimate area while nourishing the skin.
- After: Aftercare is essential right after waxing. The aesthetician uses a cool towel to remove wax residues and refresh the skin, followed by a post-depilatory lotion to hydrate the skin. The post-depilatory oil within the For Men kit provides a pleasant healing effect that soothes the skin and neutralizes all risks of irritation and inflammation. For a minimum of 24 hours after the session, clients must avoid physical activities and stay away from the sun, high temperatures, and swimming pools. If you are curious about the process when it comes to other areas, check our blog "5 Steps for Male Full Body Waxing".Male wax is a great alternative for men when they start to feel the drawbacks of body hair. While shaving is a quick solution that's common among many men, it also results in thicker hair that grows in no time. Waxing takes away all the discomfort that persists after a shaving session and even works as a great performance booster for those with athletic inclinations. Removing the excess of hair in different body areas also brings other sanitary advantages that your body and the people around you will surely appreciate. Male intimate wax provides all these benefits on an area that's sweat sensitive by nature, without any of the setbacks caused by a razor.
Manzilian wax is not unlike any other male waxing procedure in terms of safety and benefits. While it might take time for some gentlemen to feel at ease with the procedure, the aesthetician's expertise and the best line of waxing and post-depilatory products will be great sources of comfort. Beauty Image USA has all the products and materials needed to ensure the best wax treatment, and male waxing is no exception. Just call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa