The world of wax treatments is filled with options to cater to all needs and tastes. At the end of a long list of variations and alternatives, there's the most thorough wax procedure you could ask for: a full body wax. In full body waxes, the best hair removal products are put to use to make the body completely hair-free and soft to the touch, leaving virtually no area untouched and ensuring a uniform texture in all parts of the skin. The prospect of a full body wax is as exciting as it is daunting, so we bring all the information you need to make up your mind about the process.
What to Expect from a Full Body Wax?
A full body wax will alternate between soft waxes and hard waxes according to the treated area and the amount of hair to remove per section. As you know, hard waxes work best on the most sensitive skin, while soft waxes are more useful when removing hairs from large areas. The treatment usually starts by waxing the intimate area and the bikini section, to continue with the arms, legs and back. Some plans also include facial waxes.
The appeal of full body waxes has steadily increased among regular wax-enthusiasts. Here are some of the advantages that make full body treatments so popular:
- Professional skin care by a certified esthetician.
- Flexible plans tailored to the client's needs.
- The same results of individual wax treatments in a single session.
- Low Costs.
- Uniform results in all parts of the body.
The specifics of full body waxes are still unclear for many people. For some people, a full body wax is not worth the discomfort that can be minimized with individual wax sessions, and this might indeed be the case when the person has little body hair to deal with. Let's address some of people's most common questions concerning full body wax:
- How Does it Differ from Separate Wax Treatments: If a person has unwanted hairs in multiple parts of the body, a full body wax can be the best choice for them in terms of practicality and cost. While prices might vary, a full body wax will likely be less expensive than multiple wax sessions and will take less time from the client and the esthetician's agenda. In consideration to the clients' needs, beauty salons and aesthetic centers generally offer different plans and packages to help people find the option that suits them best. This is very useful considering that all areas of the body have an uneven hair regrowth cycle and all hairs must be 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch long to get a new full body wax.
- Is a Full Body Wax More Painful? A full body wax can seem like a real challenge for people with low pain tolerance. In truth, it's no more painful than other wax treatments because it employs the same methods and products. Naturally, a full body wax will last longer than an individual wax session, usually taking from 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the plan selected by the client, so people must be ready to more extended periods of discomfort.
- Aftercare: After waxing, the skin is tender and sensitive, usually going through mild instances of redness and itchiness. Since many parts of the skin are recovering from waxing at the same time, a full body wax might be hard to handle for some people. Needless to say, all the post-wax measures, steps and restrictions are still in place. It's very important to provide the same care and nourishment to all the waxed areas, even if some of them itch more than others. To learn more about the proper way of caring for the skin after a full body wax, read our blog "The Do's and Don'ts of Post-Waxing Care"Important Tips for a Full Body WaBefore the session, the therapist's working area must be clean and orderly. This will give a good first impression and ensure that the appropriate sanitary conditions are met for the treatment. All the accessories and toiletries must be fully sanitized and the necessary equipment must be within reach in preparation for the treatment. During the session, the esthetician must explain each step of the process as they move along, consistently verifying the wax temperatures and checking for the client's comfort levels. An approachable and confident attitude goes a long way to provide a pleasant experience.
The client also plays a part in ensuring a satisfying process. For instance, the skin must be exfoliated two days in advance, and moisturization should be avoided until the post-wax treatment. It's also up to the client to monitor the skin days before a session and search for bumps, marks, breakouts, or other conditions that might affect the result of the treatment. Otherwise, the esthetician will likely postpone the session before it properly begins.
As mentioned above, it can be difficult to book new sessions when the hair growth cycle changes with each part of the body. For full body waxes, it's best to wait at least six weeks until all the hairs grow long enough to stick to the wax. As clients continue with the waxing routine, the hairs will grow finer, so they will be easier to hide during this waiting period.
If you're new to waxing, a full body wax is probably too extreme. Clients should get familiar with the texture and temperatures of the wax, and test their pain tolerance before opting for this option. If you have previous experience waxing your skin and too much hair all over your body a full body wax is probably the most comfortable choice.
Waxing involves a specialized skin care service that all people should try at least once. Full body waxes in particular demand ample experience and the latest hair removal resources to ensure comfort through uninterrupted periods of time. Contact Beauty Image USA and start getting all the necessary products and tips to provide a successful full body wax. Just call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form to get everything you need. And remember to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageus