Waxing products come in many formats and presentations. Because of this, professional body waxes cater to the client's specific needs while providing a pleasant experience that no other hair removal method can replicate. The most common waxing products are sold in cans. Estheticians use a professional wax heater to melt the wax beads and apply the resulting mix on the client's skin. Roll-on waxes, for their part, have grown more and more popular over the years, offering a number of advantages that both clients and estheticians can appreciate. Before trying to see which type of wax is better, let's take a closer look at roll-on waxes.
Roll-on Waxes – How Are They Different?
First of all, roll-on waxes are only an alternative format for soft body waxes, so a roll-on cartridge will basically hold the exact same formulas you get on regular soft wax cans.
Roll-on waxes are hygienic and time-effective. For one, it takes much less time to prep, because you don't have to check the amount of wax you need to warm, and there will be no residues to clean from your pot. You can apply the wax directly from the cartridge and the wax layer will spread evenly on the skin, without leaving residues or bumps.
In this sense, roll-on waxes win on the side of practicality, but they are just as effective as canned waxes when it comes to hair removal power. Of course, this only applies to professional wax products where the best ingredients are already a given.
If you own a salon, you can't limit your services to either type of wax. Clients have preferences, many times as a result of previous waxing experiences, so you need to have enough options to help them feel at ease. Roll-on waxes offer all the advantages you find on canned waxes and provide more comfort as a bonus, but that doesn't mean you have to stop using regular waxes. Part of the appeal of professional wax services is the variety they offer to clients and the thrill of having multiple high-class products for your treatments. With that out of the way, let's look at all the perks you get from Beauty Image's quality roll-on wax line.
- They can be used on all types of skin.
- They have a low melting point that promotes a gentle treatment on sensitive skins.
- Their formulas are paraffin-free and water-soluble, so they are not as sticky as other soft wax products. They also leave no residue after being removed, which allows a smoother transition into the post-wax treatment.
- The roll-on format ensures a tidy process where the wax doesn't drip. There is no mess to clean up after a wax session.
- You can go through the session without having to use many of the accessories required with regular waxes (no need for spatulas or tins).
- Roll-on waxes are just as effective as canned waxes when you work on large portions of skin. They ensure a quick process where you remove all the hairs without wasting your products needlessly. They can also add precision to facial waxes if you use a smaller cartridge.
Waxing with a Roll-On Cartridge
Using a roll-on wax during a session gives you more changes to focus on the treatment itself without having to keep other accessories within your sights. The treatment doesn't look drastically different, but there are enough traits to make the experience unique in its own way. If you're not familiar with roll-on waxes, we describe the process in simple steps:
- Insert the roll-on cartridge on the heater. The wax usually takes around 20-30 minutes to heat.
- Follow the regular pre-wax steps. Cleanse the skin from sweat and residue, use a soothing lotion, check the hair length, and make sure the skin has been properly exfoliated.
- Press the roll-on head directly to the area you want to wax and keep the cartridge at a 45 degree angle while drawing a straight line on the skin to apply the wax. You'll get a thin layer of wax spread evenly on the area.
- Press a muslin strip to the wax layer. Some people feel more comfortable applying the wax layer from the cartridge to the strip and pressing the strip to the skin afterwards. It's up to you.
- Wait a few seconds for the wax to adhere to all the hairs. Then, pull the strip against the direction of hair growth in one swift motion.
- Soothe the skin using cool compresses, post-wax gels and lotions.
Remember: Roll-on waxes are more pleasant to the touch thanks to their mild temperature but, being soft waxes, they still adhere to the skin while grabbing the hairs, so you can't apply the wax on the same area more than once.
Tips and Resources to Use your Roll-on Waxes Correctly
If you plan on introducing roll-on waxes to your salon's assortment of wax products, remember to get all the accessories that go with it. A heater-applicator will help you set your waxes to the right temperature without taking too much space or affecting your workability. In addition, Beauty Image has a variety of roll-on bases to help you save time while heating multiple wax products. You can purchase the model of your choice depending on your preferences and your regular workload. With the right accessories in store, you will have a long-term solution to always warm your roll-on waxes to the desired temperature.
You can always contact Beauty Image USA to learn more about our exclusive line of roll-on waxes. Our products are made using the most soothing ingredients and our formulas leave all parts of the body smooth and hair free. If you're interested, just call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa