How to Exfoliate Before Brazilian Wax
July 01, 2019Brazilian wax consists in removing all hair from your intimate area, from the top to the whole rear side. As you may suppose, this is extensive hair removal and needs some preparation. A few simple things you can do at home – among which exfoliating is crucial –will prepare you for the best Brazilian of your life. Even if you have the best hair removal products, you won't get top results if you don't exfoliate beforehand. So, stay around if you want to learn exactly how to scrub down there to get the smoothest wax and keep your intimate area feeling healthy and looking good.
Yes, You Can – And Should- Exfoliate Before a Brazilian WaxEven if you don't wax down there but prefer to keep it traditional and use the razor, you should exfoliate your nether region just like you exfoliate the rest of your body. Here are the reasons why:
- The pubic area is often "ignored" as compared to the rest of the body when showering; additionally, it has coarser and denser hair, so it's more likely that dead skin cells will find it harder to slough off without a little help. Those dead skin cells can combine with dirt and debris, clogging the pores and increasing the risk of pimples and bumps.
- Coarser and darker hair has a higher chance of in-growth. Especially if you shave, hair is cut at an angle, and it may curl on itself and grow into the topmost (super fine and sensitive) layer of skin.
What to Use to Exfoliate Your Intimate AreaYou can choose a mitten, loofah, granulated scrub from the shop or a DIY one. We especially recommend the mitten or a granulated scrub, but choose one with small and round microspheres, which are gentler on the skin. Also, look out for moisturizing ingredients, like essential oils (add a few drops of essential oil to brown sugar to get a quick and effective home scrub).
When to Exfoliate Before Brazilian WaxContrary to what many people may think, it's not a good idea to exfoliate right before the waxing appointment. Allowing so little time to exfoliate before waxing will over-sensitize skin. Exfoliate a couple of days before the appointment and you'll be fine.
How to Exfoliate Before Brazilian WaxExfoliating your intimate area is not so different from exfoliating any other body part, you just have to follow a few steps and have some special considerations.
- Get in the shower and wait a few minutes for the pores to open up. It's a good idea to use warm water. Use intimate wash to clean the area and rinse well. We recommend an intimate wash because it is mild and usually soapless, so it respects the natural pH of this delicate area. Remember that harsh washes can strip the intimate area of its original flora, which can, in turn, increase the risk of infection.
- Soak the mitten or loofah completely and, applying mild pressure, do round motions on the mons pubis, groin area, and outer labia. We can't stress this enough: mild pressure, and do not go over the same area many times; remember that you're dealing with one of the most delicate areas in your body. You don't have to apply anything on the mitten or loofah, but if you want to, a bit of intimate wash is OK.
- If you are using a body scrub, make sure it is mild (consider fragrance-free) and has a neutral pH. Apply it the same as described in the previous instance: with mild pressure and soft circular motions. Don't forget your buttocks and the space between them and your legs, where the skin gets friction and there is a risk of pimples. In many wax bars, a Brazilian doesn't only involve all hair down there and even between the buttocks, but also the peach fuzz on the butt area.
- Rinse the area very well one more time.
- Gently pat the area dry with a cotton towel.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow the area to be drier before getting dressed.
What about Exfoliation After Brazilian Waxing?You'll definitely have to keep exfoliating even after your waxing appointment, but definitely not within the next 48 hours. Skin will still be sensitized, and you risk over-irritating it if you exfoliate on top of the irritation that waxing causes.
What Are the Best Ingredients for Intimate Exfoliation?The best ingredients for intimate exfoliation are always natural ingredients and special products for the intimate area. This is because the intimate area is extremely sensitive, and harsh chemicals can dry the skin too much or disrupt the vaginal flora. Look for products that are enriched with vitamins, tea tree oil or calming ingredients.
Now you know how to exfoliate before a Brazilian wax. Do not skip this important step in your intimate care; you'll notice the difference in the results you will get once you get your Brazilian. Reach Beauty Image for the latest products for waxing and skin care. Call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form below. Also, you can subscribe to our newsletter to get news about us right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa