Maintaining smooth skin throughout the year can be made possible with the use of hair removal waxing. Stop thinking of unwanted body hair for weeks. After setting a regular waxing regime, the time between sessions expands. Professional waxing is arguably the best hair removal method. There are various ways in which waxing maintains a soft and smooth skin texture.
Following these steps before and after a wax session can make your results last much longer.
Optimize your Waxing Results
When it comes to wax formulas, there is no shortage. Homemade waxes are a popular choice among people with busy schedules, but nothing beats the quality of a professional hair removal service. If maintaining smooth skin for an extended period is a top priority, seeking the guidance of an esthetician is the best way to promote the skin's innate radiance and avoid premature aging.
An esthetician can also help you choose the best wax formulas depending on what you want. If you take proper precautions, you do not have to worry about skin damage, but this does not mean that you should use the same products in different parts of the body.
Starting off, soft body waxes are commonly favored in large areas of skin such as arms, legs, and back. Hard body waxes are often used on skin that tends to be more sensitive and areas with lower pain tolerance, such as the thighs, the pubic bone, and the face. When visiting a salon, clients can choose from a variety of wax categories that fall under two basic types. It is the esthetician's responsibility to ensure that they cater to each client's individual needs and preferences.
7 Waxing Tips
Here are some essential tips to improve your waxing experience. These recommendations are not only helpful for estheticians to share before a waxing session but also include crucial steps to follow after the session to promote healing.
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin: It is essential to wash the skin before waxing, as dirt and debris particles are small enough to go unnoticed for most of the day. Washing yourself with lukewarm water helps open up the pores. The opening of pores allows for an easier pull of the hair resulting in less painful waxing. Stay hydrated and moisturize your skin to avoid irritation and prevent overly dry skin.
- Exfoliate prior to your wax: Dead skin cells, sweat particles, lotion, cosmetic residue, and other pore-clogging elements turn waxing into a challenge. It is recommended to always moisturize the skin after each shower, and using a loofah over the skin after washing the area with soap. However, do not exfoliate immediately before a wax appointment. The pores should be clean hours prior to your waxing appointment, you want to avoid the sensitivity it may cause when it comes time to depilate.
- Allow for proper hair growth: It can be quite bothersome to witness hair growth sooner than anticipated. However, attempting to wax the area at this juncture will only lead to a more significant predicament. Especially shaving will disrupt the hair's regrowth cycle. With regular waxing, you can ensure that all the hairs in a particular part of the body keep growing at the same rate and they will become less visible as you continue your waxing routine. You can pluck one or two errant hairs with a tweezer or, even better, cover them up with make-up if they happen to be in a visible area. Just do not try waxing or shaving until all the hairs are at least 1/4-inch long.
- Post-wax care: Mild irritation and swelling are expected after removing the wax. However, you still should not wait too long before soothing the skin. Estheticians should apply cool compresses and cooling creams on the area, preventing infections that could routine your waxing results during the aftercare period. Post-wax gels are infused with antiseptic properties for this reason, along with natural ingredients that will encourage the reproduction of cells and the skin's natural elasticity.
- Check with your dermatologist: This recommendation is mostly aimed at people suffering from acne breakouts and skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. If you try waxing the skin while it is still healing, the harm could leave a permanent mark and even expand to other parts of the body. Those with skin allergies should also go over the formula's ingredients before waxing, which is why the esthetician will always ask about medical conditions beforehand.
- Avoid skipping waxing appointments: A missed wax appointment will only make it easier to give up the temptation of going back to the razor. Moreover, regular waxing is what helps the skin grow smoother over time because the new hairs grow thinner after each session. Some follicles will eventually remain hair-free because waxing gradually makes the hair grow at a slower rate.
- Inform yourself of new and traditional waxing formulas: If you are an esthetician, this is one of your main responsibilities. Nowadays, it is impossible to keep track of all the wax products available in the market, but this variety helps you provide the most satisfying results, especially for people with a low pain tolerance and/or sensitive skin. Knowing what each ingredient has to offer will help you choose right if the skin needs extra moisturizing, the hairs are too coarse, the client isn't relaxed, and many other scenarios. Each client is different, and you need to adapt your methods accordingly to make the results last longer.
When it comes to professional wax formulas, nothing beats the quality you get from Beauty Image's products and accessories. For decades, our wax formulas have become the standard in many parts of the country, and we continue adding new products to our catalog as trends change. We are here to help you stand out if you work in the beauty industry. In addition, if you simply want to find the best hair removal method in the market, our specialists will be happy to introduce our waxing formulas. Just call TOLL FREE at 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you would like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, and Instagram @beautyimageusa