Does Waxing Remove Dark Underarms?
June 15, 2020Dark armpits are an unfortunate consequence of shaving and can also be a sign of underlying skin conditions. Many women are affected by this problem, having to come up with all sorts of tricks to conceal their dark underarms when they're in public. It can be difficult to remove the dark tone in your underarms, but there are still ways to nourish the skin to a healthier look. With the best hair removal products, you can avoid any damage that could affect the skin's appearance in the long run and provide extra protection to stop these dark patches from showing up. We tell you how waxing can improve the skin's look and texture, along with other ways to treat dark underarms.
What Causes Dark Armpits?Discoloration in the underarms is the root of many self-esteem issues, often pushing people to stay away from certain outdoor activities. Even though there are many ways to treat this problem, dark underarms are hard to conceal and can make the skin more prone to irritation and other conditions caused by certain skin products. Darker skin tones are usually more prone hyperpigmentation in areas like the armpits, the elbows, and the knees. Still, there are many elements, habits and products that result in dark underarms, so you must know about them before trying any solution to remove these dark spots from your skin. You'll probably find the cause of your particular problem among these options:
- Deodorants and Antiperspirants: The chemicals in these products lead to an increased production of pigments, and they can have particularly negative effects on sensitive skins. If used too often, deodorants and antiperspirants can irritate and harden the skin's texture.
- Dead Cells: It's very easy for dead skin cells to gather on your underarms, usually because of a lack of proper exfoliation. Naturally dry skin can also exacerbate this problem.
- Shaving: Since the hairs are only removed on the surface, they make the skin look darker when they start growing back. The razor also adds to the problems associated to dry skin You can always take precautions by applying hydrating creams and shaving in the same direction of hair grown, but it is ultimately better to switch to less aggressive hair removal methods for this area.
- Friction: While it's impossible to avoid the friction caused by the skin surrounding the armpits and arms, tight clothes and synthetic fabrics are also a risk factor that should be avoided whenever possible.
- Acanthosis Nigricans: a skin pigmentation disorder that usually leaves the skin darker and thicker to the touch. This is a common symptom of diabetes, obesity, and abnormal hormonal levels.
There are many ways to remove dark spots on the skin, but the underarms are a particularly tricky area to treat because of all the rubbing and sweating that usually takes place. Retinoid creams are often used by dermatologist to treat dark posts on the skin. They are a form of vitamin A that increases cell growth and exfoliate the skin with no need of extra moisturizers. When it comes to permanent medical treatments, laser therapy is a well-known procedure that removes the darkness from the skin for good.
Waxing Dark UnderarmsIf you are settled on forgoing razors and hair removal creams, waxing is a great alternative with many side benefits that will help you remove the dark blemishes from your underarms. For starters, a professional wax session involves natural ingredients and medicine methods to prevent skin damage and add extra protection against infections. These ingredients are combined in a variety of wax products tailored to different skin conditions, including the sensitive skin on the armpits and the dryness of dark underarms. Since waxing involves a gentle exfoliation effect, you'll be directly attacking one of the main causes of darkened armpits; when these residues are fully removed, you'll also boost the nourishing effect provided by waxes.
Waxing entails an entire luxury treatment, including pre and post-wax care to help the skin grow softer after each session. It's important to create a regular wax regime with the esthetician to avoid too many unnecessary treatments that could render the underarms more sensitive to damage. This will also help the effects of the wax last for longer.
To actively counteract the darkness on your underarms, a proper wax regime is helped by minute changes in some of your habits. Here are some additional tips to help you remove these annoying dark spots faster:
- Regular exfoliation: Exfoliate your underarms, not only before waxing but two to three times a week, to prevent dead cells from collecting. Since the skin in your underarms is usually thinner and more fragile, loofahs and whitening scrubs are ideal to treat it.
- Apply Natural Ingredients: You can rub sandalwood, rose water, aloe vera gel, lemon or potato slices for a couple of minutes to help lighten the darkened skin of your armpits. Some of these options work as natural antioxidants (aloe vera), others moisturize the skin and leave it softer to the touch (sandalwood and rose water). Lemon juice and the enzymes in potato slices are also highly effective to fade dark spots.
- Wear Loose Clothing: After waxing, you won't have to worry about unwanted hairs making your armpits look darker. Loose clothes and sleeve-less shirts are the best way to avoid friction and to keep sweat from collecting under your arms.
- Change your Deodorant: Baking soda, alum and apple cider vinegar are some natural alternatives that provide the same benefits you get from deodorants and antiperspirants. If you suffer from intense perspiration, switch to deodorants for sensitive skin and progressively reduce the amount of times you put them on your skin.
For generations, many people have grown self-conscious because of their dark underarms. but a proper wax routine can be the answer to treat one of the most sensitive parts of the skin. Learn how to use the properties of our exclusive wax products to protect your client's skin from the usual causes of dark armpits. Call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form to learn about each component of our unique line of hair removal formulas. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa