Soy Marvelous Jar
Gold Nacree Wax
What Is the Best Form of Waxing?
October 13, 2022When it comes to hair removal methods, there's something for every taste. Some people save time and money with traditional homemade solutions, while others go for professional services after discovering the long-term advantages attached to them. Professional Waxes are well-liked because they combine many of the benefits most people want in their hair removal routine; they offer a straightforward process and results that remain on the skin for weeks, leaving the waxed area smooth and velvety without carrying pesky side effects.
It's no surprise that waxing has also expanded to meet specific tastes, with countless formulas and treatments for each part of the body. Overall, homemade waxing is harmless, but risks might still arise from a sloppy technique and subpar equipment.
Perks of Professional WaxesMost people know about the advantages that make waxes stand out from other hair removal methods, namely the chance to keep the skin free of unwanted body hair for weeks at a time. While it's easy to see how waxing improves the results of shaving, it's also important to highlight the perks of getting a professional wax service over trying homemade waxes or depilatory creams, especially when working on sensitive skin.
An esthetic center like a salon or a spa will be equipped with the best resources to prevent any mishaps while handling the wax. More importantly, the expertise of a certified esthetician will make way for an efficient process even while working on different parts of the body in a single session.
Let's outline the main advantages of keeping a regular wax regime and choosing an esthetician's service:
- Clients get to choose from a variety of high-quality wax formulas, ensuring that their skin is treated with the most suitable products according to their skin type.
- Professional waxes not only provide more thorough results, they also reduce the chances of ingrown hairs.
- The hairs are removed from the root, so you can expect your skin to maintain a silky texture for weeks after the wax.
- A licensed establishment will always follow the highest hygiene standards, banning double-dipping and using sterilized tools throughout the session.
- If some of the hairs are too short when the appointment date rolls in, there are alternatives to ensure a successful wax experience. Hard waxes open the option of applying more than one layer on the same area if you can't get all the hairs out at the same time. With that said, booking an appointment after the hairs have grown at least 1/4 of an inch is the best way to ensure a quick, painless treatment.
- Pre- and post-wax care are standard parts of a professional wax treatment, so you can provide maximum comfort and reduce the risks of infections.
- Professional waxes are enriched with natural ingredients that soothe the skin and provide many additional benefits. Some wax formulas boost the reproduction of blood cells and the skin's natural flexibility while others leave a gold-like shine that looks beautiful on newly-waxed skin. Clients can always go over their preferences with the esthetician to identify the best choice for them.
Now, it's obvious that there's no shortage of wax formulas to choose from, but to get the full picture of what a waxing treatment entails, we need to go over the two main categories for wax products: soft waxes and hard waxes. Both types of waxes share many similarities like their gluey consistency and application technique (spreading the wax in the direction of hair growth and removing the wax layer in the opposite direction). Still, there are key differences that make each type of wax shine in specific situations.
Soft WaxesAlso known as strip waxes, soft waxes are the closest thing to the traditional wax procedures that most people are familiar with.
Soft waxes are spread with a spatula. After getting a uniform layer of wax on the skin, the esthetician presses a muslin strip on top of the wax, giving it some time to grab all the hairs. Then, the esthetician removes the hairs by pulling the strip off the skin against the direction of hair growth. This must be done with a firm hand and a swift movement of the wrist to avoid breaking the hairs/leaving parts of a hair on the follicle.
Soft body wax is popular and accessible for multiple hair removal procedures. It is mostly used in large expanses of skin like the back, the arms, and the legs. With the right technique, estheticians can save time working through these parts of the body, even if the area is particularly bushy.
Moreover, soft waxes provide a mild exfoliating effect after they adhere to the skin. On the flip side, this also means that soft waxes leave a sticky sensation that some people find uncomfortable on the skin, at least until the beginning of the post-wax treatment.
Hard WaxesHard body waxes are favored by people with sensitive skins, as well as by those with low pain tolerance.
Like soft waxes, hard waxes are spread with the help of a spatula and removed a few seconds later as the wax cools on the skin. The main difference is that estheticians don't use a strip to remove the wax; they simply leave a small flap at one end of the layer and pull it to rip the hairs off.
One of the things people appreciate in hard waxes is that the wax doesn't adhere to the skin. This reduces the pain of pulling and allows a do-over if you see any hairs left behind after having applied the wax the first time.
The absence of a strip makes hard waxes a bit harder to master. From the client's standpoint, their higher price could also be considered a drawback, but there's no denying that hard waxes help provide a positive experience when working in pain-sensitive areas like the face, the armpits, and the bikini line.
All in all, a successful wax treatment always needs the best products and accessories, so don't underestimate the improvements you can get from Beauty Image's exclusive wax line!
Beauty Image USA has everything you need to take your waxing services to the next level. We are constantly updating our catalog with the best products and accessories to ensure your clients' satisfaction. Moreover, our specialists are always ready to provide first-hand assistance if you have questions about the best waxing practices. Just call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form to get all the information you need. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa