What is Hard Wax Used For?
August 19, 2020Professional wax products are the result of a careful process. A lot of research goes into increasing the practical benefits of wax products to obtain true skincare solutions. Since they cater to a more specific kind of client, hard waxes are no exception. A diverse line of hard body waxes is essential for salons to thrive with the recognition of clients with sensitivity problems. Learn how hard waxes are a useful solution to simplify your wax treatment.
The Process Behind Hard Body WaxesKnown for being thicker than other wax products, hard body waxes are applied on the skin with a spatula and removed without the aid of a strip, grabbing the tip of the wax after it hardens on the skin.
Since hard waxes are solid at room temperature, they must be melted before they can pull out the hairs from the skin. They are applied in the opposite direction of hair growth, after taking a consistency that's thick enough to adhere to the hairs and then, it takes from 3 to 5 minutes for the wax to cool off. Hard waxes are removed after drying, so they leave no residues to clean and there's no leftover stickiness on the skin. Some of the most common ways to use hard body waxes:
- Facial waxing, including the temples, upper lip, chin, the sides of your cheeks, and around the eyebrows.
- Intimate waxing, particularly Brazillian waxes, where the hairs are coarser and grow in different directions.
- Other parts of the body that are prone to irritation and redness. Hard-body waxes are the safest way to wax sensitive skin.
- Areas where the hair is too short or growing unevenly. Hard-body waxes open the pores and make it easier to pull out shorter hairs.
- They can be used in the same area more than once without damaging the skin.
Leave Hard Waxes to ProfessionalsAt a simple look, wax treatments involve a relatively quick process that's easy to replicate with the help of online tutorials and some additional tools. In truth, the skills of your esthetician are the ones simplifying a very intricate process where small mistakes take a lot of extra time to fix. Because of their consistency, hard waxes, in particular, can be difficult to manage. Also, they are meant to treat small areas with not enough room to work with. Professional service by a certified esthetician is the best way to protect your skin and avoid problems.
Keep in mind that hard waxes are usually more expensive than treatments involving other wax products, given their composition and the skills needed to get the desired results. This is an important detail to consider but, even if you can't make that investment, you should still stay away from at-home waxing when it comes to hard body waxes. Here are some of the things to consider before ruling out a professional wax treatment:
- The consistency of hard body waxes makes it more difficult to work with. Hard waxes require a lot of precision and experienced hands to avoid mistakes during the treatment.
- When handled incorrectly, hard waxes can break off while they're still spread on the skin. They can also burn the skin or cause allergies.
- There are many types of hard waxes and the esthetician knows which products are best suited to your skin.
- Related to the point above, if you plan on waxing different parts of the body, you might need to alternate between soft waxes and hard waxes depending on the area. A professional esthetician will change the technique accordingly to ensure that each part of your body is treated properly.
- Pre and post-wax treatments soothe the skin while heightening the effects of the wax treatment. Many of the pre and post waxing products applied at salons are specialized formulas that can't be purchased at the local retail store.
- Estheticians have professional wax heaters that warm up hard waxes without surpassing the recommended temperature (130° F).
Hard Waxes vs. Soft WaxesRemember, the choice will depend on the area you want to treat. When dealing with larger portions of the skin, like the arms, legs, and back, soft waxes are a more practical approach that will complete the process in little time. For treating the face and the intimate area, hard waxes are always the safest choice. In some cases, hard waxes can also be the best way to undo the damages caused by the razor on the armpits and the bikini area. If you're concerned about burning or irritating the skin, you can choose a product with a low melting point to avoid discomfort while the wax is applied. Be open with your esthetician about your pain tolerance and skincare habits, and this will help them tailor the wax treatment to your needs. Beauty Image offers a comprehensive variety of products, with enough options of both soft and hard waxes to treat all kinds of skin.
Beauty Image offers the biggest variety of hard body waxes to nurture the skin with outstanding hair removal solutions. Do you want to help your clients indulge themselves with a luxury treatment? Call Beauty Image or fill out our website's contact to get all the necessary tips and request the best hair removal products with no complication. Also, remember to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa