Top 10 Recommendations about Post Waxing Care That Will Definitely Help Your Clients
September 22, 2016Waxing has become very popular among women and men. New techniques and products are invented each day to help people look their best. Therefore, estheticians must select the most accurate treatments, methods, and products to help their clients achieve the look they want.
But above all this, clients need their estheticians to provide them with the necessary guidance to achieve the best results before and after any waxing treatment. In our last blog post, we gave some pre waxing care tips. For this new blog post, we have gathered some useful information about post waxing care that your customers might find useful. Besides, we have included a list of products that you can recommend to them so they can maximize the results obtained from a professional wax.
Top post waxing care recommendations
- Cleanse your clients' skin. After waxing, it is necessary to clean the skin to remove all the waxy residue from it. Our innovative Post-Depilatory Calming Oil could help you finish each waxing procedure by giving your clients' skin the best sensation, nourishing it with vitamin A, E & F.
- Refresh your clients' skin. Waxing procedures will normally increase skin sensitivity. Refreshing products, such as our Post-Depilatory Gel can help your clients ease redness and discomfort.
- Apply a hydrating product. Skin can become irritated and dry after a waxing procedure. Our Post-Depilatory Acid Cream can give your clients the best results regarding the hydration the skin needs after such procedures. This product also helps restore the skin's optimal pH, allowing the skin to regain its natural brightness, while giving your clients a soothing sensation they will really appreciate.
- Moisturize the skin every day. Teach your clients about the benefits of moisturizing products for the skin, especially after a hair removal procedure. Moisturizers can help your clients achieve a softer, smoother skin and provide them with the perfect moisture balance.
- Avoid exposure to the sun. Make sure that your clients understand the importance of having a good post waxing care routine. Warn customers about the effects of sun exposure immediately after hair removal. Remind them how the top layers of the skin can be removed during the procedure and how this can heighten skin sensitivity, increasing the risk of sunburns and irritation. A good suggestion could be to decrease the time under the sun to a minimum and use sunscreen with a high SPF.
- Avoid going to saunas. Remember to tell your clients that it is a good idea to stay away from extremely hot temperatures. Since waxing can heat up the body, overheating the waxed area can result in redness and burns.
- Wear natural fabrics. It is a good idea to tell your clients that synthetic fabrics can irritate waxed skin. On the other hand, natural fabrics – such as cotton – can soothe the skin, allowing it to breathe.
- Avoid touching the waxed area. Most germs and bacteria are spread through hand contact. This is why your clients should ideally refrain from touching their skin during the first 48 hours after waxing – except for cleaning the waxed area – as it becomes especially susceptible to infections.
- Exfoliate between waxing procedures. Help your clients prevent ingrown hairs. After hair removal, the dead upper layers of the skin can easily build up. If not exfoliated, these layers can block the new hairs, causing them to grow back in, which may lead to uncomfortable bumps. Advise your clients to use an exfoliating cloth during their shower routine a few days after waxing to prevent this irritating problem.
- Recommend regular waxing sessions. Suggest waxing every 4 to 5 weeks to allow your client's skin to recover from the last session. Explain to them how waxing regularly can also help reduce pain during sessions since the hair follicle weakens, allowing to remove hairs easily.
At Beauty Image, we believe in helping estheticians provide their clients with the best results by keeping them up to date with the newest techniques and the best products. Pamper your clients with the most innovative products for post waxing care. Your clients will surely appreciate it. For more information, fill out the contact form or call 1-888-513-8815. Our specialists will gladly help you. Find us on Facebook at Beauty Image, and follow us on Twitter @BeautyImageUSA, and on Instagram @BeautyImageUSA.