Soy Marvelous Jar
Gold Nacree Wax
Soft Waxes and Other Ways to Get Rid of Unwanted Hair
March 16, 2020Smooth skin is the aesthetic look many people strive to get. While there are several ways to accomplish this goal, the road to a hairless body is not free of complications. Sometimes the number of available options actually makes it harder to identify what's best for each person. Some products work better with certain skin types, others are only effective on particular areas of the body, while some solutions stand out by involving a quick and practical process.
What are the differences between all the products and methods available? And what makes soft body waxes so special in the world of hair removal treatments? We bring an overview of the most common options, including their advantages and limitations, to help you single out the best solution for each of your clients.
The Wonders of Soft Body WaxesThere are many advantages that set soft waxes apart from other hair removal methods. Soft body waxes are applied on the skin in very thin layers and always in the direction of hair growth. A muslin strip is firmly pressed on top of the wax and the hair is removed when the aesthetician swiftly pulls the strip. The wax must be warmed beforehand but, once it reaches optimal temperature, it provides a nourishing effect that will protect your client's skin. Suitable for all areas, soft body waxes are particularly effective to wipe out the hairs covering wide expanses of skin, like the legs, arms, and back. They also make for a more affordable alternative in relation to other wax products.
Soft body waxes are known for leaving residues that make the skin sticky after a session, but the properties in Beauty Image's line of soft waxes get rid of this problem and effectively exfoliate the skin. With a low melting point and 100% paraffin-free, they are also ideal for clients with capillary fragility or circulatory problems. To learn all about the proper application of these waxes, check out our blog "Do You Know How to Use Our Soft Body Waxes Correctly?"
Other Hair Removal Methods You Need to Know About
- Hard Waxes: Working best on the face and the bikini area, hard wax is applied on the skin with a spatula and yanked by hand after being allowed to harden and cool. Hard waxes increase workability on areas that are usually difficult to treat and cause less pain than soft body waxes. A quality hard wax like our Depilsense Ayurveda Beads does not stick to the skin, so it's perfect for people with sensitivity problems.
- Sugaring: A versatile method that is widely liked for minimizing the pain that comes from hair pulling. Sugaring involves a paste that is applied to the skin and removed with a muslin or cotton strip. Since sugaring pastes are often made from natural ingredients such as honey, sugar, and lemon, they are also perfect for people with sensitive skin. We recommend the Professional Sugaring Paste to ensure a pleasant time for your clients with a fully natural solution that's suitable for all skin types.
- Shaving: One of the first modern hair removal solutions, it involves cutting the hair off at the skin's surface with a razor. Shaving doesn't take more than a few minutes, but it makes the hair grow coarser and become fully visible in less than a week.
- Depilatory creams: Another quick solution in which the hair follicles are weakened and removed while the cream is wiped away. Depilatory creams have the advantage of ensuring a painless process while making the hair grow finer after each application. On the other hand, the chemicals used to break the keratin bonds can seriously damage the follicles and irritate the skin.
- Threading: Originating in the Middle East and South Asia, this procedure is popular for its precision and for keeping the area hair-free for up to six weeks. A cotton thread is twisted around the hairs, which are then pulled out at the root in a process that is almost completely painless. Threading requires a lot of attention to detail, but it's great for eyebrows or other small areas of unwanted facial hair. To avoid breakage and ingrown hairs, it's important to have an experienced hand conducting the procedure.
- Laser Hair Removal: Usually better suited for cases where the hair is darker than the skin, laser destroys the follicles and results in long-term hair removal that can become permanent after multiple sessions. Despite being more invasive than other hair removal options, laser treatments usually carry few side effects besides a slight burning sensation that lasts for some days after the procedure. There are, however, more risks involved when the patient has sensitive skin (redness, skin infections, irritation, and crusting), and demands preventive measures when applied on facial skin to avoid ocular injuries.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa