Is Soft Wax or Hard Wax Better for Brazilian?
September 22, 2021Waxes are the most popular way to deal with unwanted body hair. When it comes to the intimate area, wax sessions are the undisputed solution to make things go smoothly. Many hair removal products are created with the specific purpose of easing a person's discomfort during a Brazilian wax, it's all about knowing what you want from your wax treatment. As you probably know, both soft waxes and hard waxes bring advantages to ensure an efficient process, so which of these options is actually better for Brazilian waxes?
What Is a Brazilian Wax?To choose the best type of wax for a Brazilian, you must first know what exactly goes into it. Brazilian waxes take bikini waxes a step further, to the point that both treatments are often combined in a single wax session. This, however, also means that there are some misconceptions surrounding the definition of a Brazilian wax.
A Brazilian wax entails removing the hairs surrounding your pubic area, all the way from the front to the butt crack. A standard Brazilian will leave a small strip or a triangle of hair at the top unless the client chooses to go fully bare. Some salons and spas have placed a distinction between these two options, so the removal of all the pubic hair is labeled as a Full Brazilian.
Brazilian waxes can take 20 to 45 minutes to complete depending on how much skin you need to work with. The client is also asked to change positions multiple times during a session, sometimes as a way to ease the pain in one particular part of the body after ripping off the wax. Needless to say, Brazilian waxes can be tough for people who are not familiar with the process, so picking the right wax formula is essential. If you make the wrong choice, you could ruin your client's experience to the point they decide to forgo wax treatments for good.
These are some important recommendations for clients before a Brazilian wax:
- Let the hair grow at least 1/4 of an inch.
- Schedule the appointment at least 5 days after your period has passed.
- Exfoliate the area at least a couple of hours before the appointment. Exfoliating regularly also makes the wax treatment easier on the skin.
- Wash your skin before the appointment but don't apply any lotion or cream. The residues will block your freshly exfoliated pores.
- Be mindful of the pain and the exposure. The esthetician will have to get close and personal to wax your privates. The pain starts relenting after the first session.
- Don't shave your hair after starting a wax regime or you'll disrupt your hair's regrowth cycle. This will also result in more discomfort during upcoming wax sessions.
Soft Waxes vs. Hard Waxes – Which is Better?If you work in the hair removal industry, you're probably familiar with the main traits separating soft waxes and hard waxes. Esthetic centers usually offer many versions of each to better cater to the client's preference, so it's not like you'll be out of options. Both soft and hard waxes have advantages that make them work during a Brazilian treatment, but there are certain benefits that could help one of them ensure a smoother process. Let's look at each of them separately:
- Soft waxes: They are meant to remove large amounts of hair without wasting too much time, so they come in handy in areas where the hair is particularly coarse. Some formulas provide many advantages for the most sensitive parts of the body, like a low melting point and a creamy consistence that feels pleasant on the skin. Soft body waxes are easier to master, so mishaps are less common, but this could change when applied on delicate/thinner skins like the inner thighs and the pubic area.
- Hard waxes: Because they grab the hairs without sticking to the skin, hard waxes are gentler on sensitive areas. This reduces the chances of rupturing the skin, and their low melting point makes burns a very unlikely occurrence. While neither type of wax is particularly dangerous when used in a Brazilian, hard waxes are your best bet to ensure efficiency without compromising your client's safety. Some additional advantages include:
- They can grab shorter hairs without putting a strain on the skin (still, the longer the hair, the better your chances of getting smooth results).
- They are better suited for delicate areas where precision is key.
- Once you get the hand of the technique, their consistency leaves a pleasant sensation on the client's skin.
What to Use for My Brazilian Wax?Beauty Image's signature line of wax products combines the most powerful natural properties to soothe the skin during an intimate wax treatment. When it comes to Brazilian waxes, our formulas are enriched with vitamins, natural oils, and other ingredients that ensure the area remains hair-free for weeks while providing a milder treatment on all kinds of skins. You can take different factors into account (your client's type of skin, pain tolerance, how coarse the hair is) to tailor your wax treatments to their tastes using the widest variety of natural wax products. No matter the specifications of your wax treatment, Beauty Image has it all.
You can make your Brazilian treatments ten times more comfortable for your clients when you have the best products and formulas at hand. Beauty Image USA has everything you need to guarantee the best hair removal services. Call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact to learn more about our excusive wax formulas and all the other products we offer in our online store. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa