Soy Marvelous Jar
Gold Nacree Wax
How Can You Get Shiny, Healthy Hair? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
August 26, 2016Hair is one of the most important human features. It can be the perfect frame for a face. A good haircut can make or break the way we look. Our hair color can make us look older or younger, while dull-looking hair can make us look disheveled, and the list goes on, which is why one of the most frustrating things for a woman is having dry, lackluster hair. Having shiny hair is one of the most difficult things to achieve, except for those genetically lucky, who happen to have a shiny mane… just because. There are many reasons why one might have dull-looking hair: a nutrient-deficient diet, overexposure to natural elements, use of inappropriate hair care products, frequent use of hair dryers or straighteners, regular swimming (due to the effects of chlorine), overuse of hair dye and bleaching chemicals… even stress can cause our hair to look dull.
Luckily, there are many things we can do to make our hair look shiny and beautiful. If you prefer to use cosmetic products to get that hair looking bright and beautiful, you can follow one – or all – of these tips:
- Use a gloss-inducing conditioner: of course, we can't tell you which one to use. As it is in many cases with cosmetics, this is a trial and error kind of situation. What we can tell you is that it doesn't necessarily have to be a heavy conditioner. These types of conditioners actually tend to weigh down the hair and leave it lackluster, so you should look for a conditioner that explicitly states it will leave your hair shiny.
- Don't skip shampooing your hair: contrary to popular belief, shampooing your hair – even every day – does not remove the natural oils that make it shiny. You just need to use the right shampoo for your hair type.
- Use a leave-in gloss treatment : after you've cleansed your hair, apply your favorite leave-in treatment. This will keep your hair moisturized, and also – since it will gradually hydrate it – the shine will steadily improve, and you will notice you need less and less product as time goes by.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week, or once a month. Persistence is the key. If you want the shine to last, you need to be consistent. So, periodically treating your hair with a moisturizing hair mask can improve the look and feel of it.
- Use natural emollient oils: certain natural oils such as coconut, Argan, avocado, and lavender oil can reach the hair's cortex, nourishing and moisturizing it from within.
- Use apple cider vinegar once a week to get shiny, healthy hair. It works great as a hair conditioner, keeping your hair at an optimum pH balance. One way to do this is to mix it with equal parts of water, and then apply it after washing your hair. Leave it in for a few minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- Use a honey hair treatment. Honey keeps your hair moist. Therefore, it makes it soft and shiny. You can add 2 tablespoons of honey to two cups of warm water and mix it. After thoroughly washing with shampoo, spray the mixture on your hair and scalp and leave it in for about 15 minutes, then rinse it with warm water.
- Make an Aloe vera hair mask: this plant is a powerful source of nutrients that are good for your skin, your body, and of course, your hair. This wonderful plant has antioxidants, vitamins, and other components that can help keep your hair healthy. It also helps control dandruff and coarse hair.
On the other hand, if you prefer natural treatments, here are a few that will work wonders for shiny hair:
And finally, a simple yet effective tip to help your hair shine bright… just before you head out of the shower, drench your hair with cold water. Heat is a cuticle murderer – this results in a coarse texture and thus a dull appearance, so a quick, cool water rinse can go a long way.
If you found these tips helpful, why not get regular beauty and waxing tips from us? All you need to do is follow us on Facebook at Beauty Image or follow us on Instagram @BeautyImageUSA.
If you are a licensed esthetician and are looking for information about our products, you can call us at TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or send us a direct message by clicking here. One of our representatives will be happy to answer any of your queries.