Beauty Salon Design: Tips and Styles
December 10, 2017If there is something you shouldn't skimp on when setting up your beauty salon, it's interior design. Design takes on a heightened importance in any beauty business for the simple reason that you are selling beauty and style. Your salon is your creative statement since it shows the way you conceive beauty and how you express it to the world.
Beauty business owners should be aware of the details when designing their salon, or better yet, hire a professional to do it. Good design follows a few guidelines in order to adapt a space to the specific needs of the dwellers or users, always making sure that they are comfortable, happy, and even inspired. To achieve this, you should harmoniously arrange your furniture, materials, waxing accessories, and decorative items. In the same way, if there are different areas in your salon for hairdressing, makeup, waxing, massage, or other beauty treatments, your ultimate interior design goal is to achieve a harmonious whole.
Keep These Three Tips in Mind If You Want a Gorgeous Salon
Even if you're not an interior designer, you can find and create the style that best represents your salon. With a little inspiration and guidance, you can create a beautiful and functional salon that clients will want to return to. Here are some of the details that you must keep in mind and why they are important.
1. Your Design Style Tells Your Clients Who You Are
Analyze the values that you want to be reflected in your service and the type of experience you want to offer your clients. A clear knowledge of your own goals and values will help you to bring forth those qualities in the space you're designing.
Once your concept is well defined, brainstorm and collect ideas and pictures that inspire you. Here are some design styles you can use based on the qualities you want to emphasize.
- Minimalist: do you want to come across neat and professional, but with an edge? You might want to go with this style. The minimalist's motto is "less is more." This style needs strong architectural elements as its basis. It's also important to use simple lines and shapes and only the bare minimum of furniture. Adding a pop of color is another good idea to create a great minimalist salon.
- Country:this is the style to choose if you want to create a homey atmosphere that reminds your clients of a cozy afternoon of relaxation. The country style conjures up natural well-being and comfort. Include wooden accents, natural fabrics, wicker, wildflowers, and some traditional elements such as wrought-iron chandeliers.
- Vintage:if you are selling timeless glamour, you will hit the spot with this style. Use posters and pictures to conjure up the timeless beauty of old glamour icons. Add a touch of sumptuousness with soft, swirly lines, and include romantic accents like chandeliers, candles, or fabric panels.
- Deluxe:If you want to emphasize the high quality of your products and give clients the feeling of being pampered like royalty, you should use rich colors, fabrics, and textures with gold, rose gold, or silver details. Crystal chandeliers, Swarovski crystals, glitter, and other shiny items are welcome here.
2. The Principles and Elements of Design Are Essential
If you're not planning on hiring a professional interior designer, make sure you consider the principles of interior design: balance, rhythm, proportion, emphasis, and harmony.
- Balance: create balance by distributing elements evenly throughout your salon. Do not load up areas with lots of elements while leaving other areas empty. Also, consider the visual weight of items as you arrange them.
- Rhythm:you apply this principle when you create transitions between the different areas of your salon. Make smooth transitions with screens or wall partitions.
- Proportion:keep a proportional ratio between the elements in your room. For example, you can't have tiny cupboards with thin frames if your windows are big. Choose items that have similar or complementary proportions.
- Emphasis:choose an object to be the focal point of a room. A beautiful sculpture or painting, or a screen with natural landscapes will draw attention and become the defining item in your salon.
- Harmony:this is what you ultimately want to achieve when you design your salon. There should be some form of connection between areas and elements, even if you choose an eclectic style.
- Space, lines, and form: use architectural elements and the size of the space as the framework of your design. You can work with the location of windows and doors, the height of the ceiling, or any other important element that can create a harmonious space. For example, if you have little space available, widen the walls and ceiling by keeping the color palette pale and neutral, and sticking to simple lines and materials. This can help give a sense of space while conveying a feeling of privacy.
- Light, color, texture, and pattern:lighting is important to help you do your job with precision and create a pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. Take advantage of good natural light or install dimmable fixtures to change the mood as needed. When it comes to color, use it wisely. Avoid dark shades if you have small spaces. The last thing you want is to make your clients feel confined to a tiny room. Finally, add nice details with rich textures, such as pillows or upholstery.
Chairs, tables, and beds must be comfortable enough to provide a pleasurable experience to your clients. When it comes to waxing accessories, choose sturdy, high-quality wax heaters. Beauty Image has several different models of high-quality warmers that are designed for different uses and different types of wax: soft, hard, roll-ons, or combined. These warmers can go well with minimalistic décors or more elaborate ones. If you want to have everything handy while you work, you need a waxing cart. It'll help you keep everything near you and properly organized. A simple cart like Beauty Image's is easy to move around and fits many different décor styles because of its simple design and neutral color.
If you are setting up your salon, Beauty Image has a variety of waxing accessories. For more information about our waxing accessories, call us at TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 toll-free at 1-888-513-8815 or send us your questions using the contact form on this page. If you wish to have information about our beauty blog posts, tips, and maintenance guides for estheticians sent straight to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter. Also, don't forget to find us on Facebook as Beauty Image USA, and follow us on Twitter @BeautyImageUSA, and Instagram @beautyimageusa.