Soy Marvelous Jar
Gold Nacree Wax
Are Wax Beads Better Than Hard Wax?
March 06, 2023Professional body waxes are arguably the best hair removal method you can find nowadays. On the one hand, they're affordable and follow a simple, non-invasive process that's harmless to most people. More importantly, their results last far longer than other solutions, leaving the skin smooth for months after applying the wax for only a few minutes.
Hard wax is one of the best products you can find among the growing variety of wax formulas available. It's used for sophisticated treatments that bring the best results on the most sensitive parts of the body, making it the go-to option to treat the areas where the skin is thinner and more delicate. So, what do wax beads have to offer to improve on the advantages of hard body waxes?
Benefits of Hard Wax BeadsWax beads are actually the most popular format for hard wax. They're melted on a wax heater and spread on the skin without the help of a muslin strip. They need to be removed before the wax layer hardens or the skin, usually a few seconds after being applied.
When melted, wax beads have a creamy texture that creates a pleasant sensation upon contact with the skin. This is also helped by the beads' low melting point that keeps the wax warm without risking burns on the skin. Despite their thick consistency, hard waxes don't leave a sticky residue behind because they only adhere to the hairs. This spares clients a lot of discomfort during the post-wax treatment, when the skin is already recovering from the leftover pain.
Here's a list of benefits that makes wax beads an essential part of a salon's hair removal supplies:
- Hard wax is gentler on the skin than strip waxes. It doesn't exfoliate the skin, and this removes the risks on sensitive areas that are prone to marks.
- It provides up to six weeks of smooth, velvety skin. The area remains soft to the touch as the wax leaves a lasting effect thanks to the soothing properties in its formula.
- The lack of sticky residue simplifies the clean-up after each session.
- The wax can be removed without a strip so you can save your supplies for treatments using soft body waxes. Strips are more useful when treating large portions of skin, and hard waxes provide more precision when you have less room to work.
- The hair grows less coarse after each session, so hair removal becomes easier as time goes by.
Using Wax Beads: Prep and ApplicationBefore trying hard wax beads, clients need to prep the skin properly. It's important to exfoliate in advance to cleanse the area of dead skin cells, sweat residue, and other microscopic elements that often adhere to the pores.
The esthetician must also ready their workstation in advance, keeping all necessary tools in an easy-to-reach area to avoid accidents during the wax treatment. The wax beads are warmed in an aluminum pot until they take a honey-like consistency. The product's label will indicate the heating time, and you can set your wax heater to the right temperatures to melt the beads.
When everything's ready for waxing, you need to:
- Stir the mix with a spatula to check its thickness. With the same spatula, you can grab a portion of the wax, twirling it until you get the amount you need at the edge of the applicator.The wax shouldn't be to drippy, so you won't have trouble while shaping it with the spatula.
- Spread the wax evenly to the skin following the direction of hair growth. Make sure you get a thin layer of wax on all sides and leave a small flap before releasing it.
- Wait a few seconds for the wax to cool and get a firm hold of the flap. Then, pull against the direction of hair growth to remove the hairs. It's important give the wax enough time to grab all the hairs, but if you wait too long, the wax might harden to the point that it cracks when you pull too hard.
- Ensure that there's no residue on the skin. Errant hairs can be plucked with a pair of tweezers, but hard wax gives you the chance to repeat the process in the same area more than once.
Soothe the area with cool compresses and natural gels. By this point, you should know about potential allergies that could leave the skin vulnerable to some natural oils. That's why feedback between client and esthetician is always important, no matter how many sessions a client has under their belt.
Wax beads help you use the advantages of hard wax on different skin types and in the most challenging parts of the body. Many estheticians use hard wax beads for Brazilian waxes and other forms of intimate waxing. The face and the armpits can also benefit from these formulas, and you can remove all the hairs without putting a strain on delicate skin. If you're still not familiar with hard waxes and wax beads in particular, Beauty Image USA has all the products you need to set the best standard for your salon.
Get the best hard waxes to ensure a luxury hair removal service. Beauty Image provides all the quality of a high-end salon at the most affordable prices, along with the best deals to help you supply your business. If you're looking for wax beads and the right accessories for your treatments, call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa