After the Wax: Top Products for Skin Soothing and Nourishment
August 10, 2023Post-wax care can't be missing from a hair removal treatment. Even if your wax formula is tailored to avoid pulling too hard on the skin, aftercare is still needed to protect the area. Traditional waxes strip the skin of its outer layer and the pores are left open to germs and bacteria. It's not hard to find the ideal wax to protect sensitive areas like the face and the underarms, but post-wax care is still essential to make the skin look like it's fresh out of the salon even weeks later.
What Is Post-Wax Care?Post-wax care is always seen as part of a standard hair removal service, whether you're working with body waxes, sugaring paste, or depilatory creams. Waxing is the most thorough hair removal method but this also increases the importance of aftercare. No matter how careful you're while ripping off the wax, you're still leaving the pores bare after removing the hair from the root. Seasoned clients hardly feel any pain during the session but they still need the soothing effect of a post-wax treatment.
In essence, a post-wax treatment is meant to relax the skin, removing the burning sensation that often remains after you rip off the wax. To do this, estheticians apply cool compresses on the area right after waxing; the soft pressure and mild temperature change help overcome the itchiness.
Estheticians also pamper the skin with special oils and formulas, all of them enriched with natural ingredients and fragrances. The result soothes the senses and feels heavenly on newly-waxed skin.
Aftercare always helps ensure a pleasant salon experience, but this isn't the only reason why you need to be thorough when it's time to provide post-wax services:
- Post-wax treatments nourish the skin so that it keeps a healthy glow for the rest of the day. The skin feels smooth and silky so you can show off the effects of a professional wax service for around 3-6 weeks.
- Post-wax treatments also include antiseptic and hypoallergenic formulas to protect the skin when it's vulnerable to dirt specs, cosmetic residue, etc. These products ward off germs and bacteria around the pores, reducing the chances of infection.
- They also accelerate the healing process. It's normal for the skin to be slightly reddened and swollen after a wax. Some areas can also get small blood spots because the skin is much thinner. Proper post-wax care counters these side effects and stops the spread of rashes.
- They moisturize the skin and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Some post-wax products actively help the reproduction of skin cells and fight the effects of premature aging.
Top Post-Wax Products You Need for Your SalonAbove all, post-wax products should help the skin's healing process after a wax. They work against itchiness, blood spots, swelling, etc. and their effects remain after your client steps out of the salon. They also have a calming effect, thanks to their creamy texture and mild fragrances.
Starting with post-depilatory creams and lotions, these formulas help remove the sticky sensation that some waxes leave behind. More importantly, they act like standard skincare and after-shower creams, moisturizing the skin through a combination of natural ingredients. Beauty Image's post depilatory cream manages uses shea butter and oat to achieve a pleasant hydrating effect. Shea butter also works as a powerful antioxidant, so our cream also preserves the skin's natural flexibility.
In a similar way, post depilatory acid cream restores the optimal pH of the skin and fortifies newly-waxes skin with its moisturizing and tonic properties.
Post-depilatory gels complement the soothing effect you'd get from cooling compresses while adding the right properties to alleviate most of the pain in little time. Cotton extract is the key ingredient in Beauty Image's post depilatory gel. It has a gentle effect that makes our product safe for all skin types, providing a pleasant sensation that all clients will adore.
Lastly, calming oils come in a variety of presentations. They're enriched with natural ingredients to bring the ultimate soothing effect. With our post depilatory calming oil, you can boost your client's spirits with the best moisturizer and the healing effects of vitamins A, E and F. This way, you can also ward off germs and bacteria from touching the pores via sweat, cloth particles, etc.
You can also find the most soothing post-wax gels and lotions in our exclusive Specialty lines. Of course, you need to be on the lookout for allergic reactions as each skin type responds differently to specific ingredients and fragrances.
Other Post-Wax Care Tips
A complete post-wax treatment is the best way to kickstart the skin's healing period, but clients can still undo its effects if they are not educated on post-wax etiquette. Here are some basic reminders you should share with them before each session (most of these tips apply for the first 48 hours after a wax treatment, but clients can extend the healing period if they deem it necessary):
- Direct sunlight can damage the skin when there's nothing keeping UV rays from piercing the pores. Clients should avoid spending too much time under the sun or at least apply sunscreen while they're outdoors.
- Clients should also avoid physical activities (running, weight lifting, sex, and other types of exercise) while the skin is still healing.
- It's best to wear baggy clothes and soft fabrics to avoid unnecessary friction.
- Regular exfoliation is important, but it's best to take a break from it until all the redness has disappeared.
- Clients should continue moisturizing their skin every day. Of course, they can keep a regular skincare routine, but lots of water and a balanced diet are also important to keep the skin hydrated.
- Avoid needlessly touching the skin. Constant petting, caressing, or scratching will slow down the healing process and make way for infections.
Provide the most soothing treatment after removing all the unwanted body hairs. Beauty Image USA has the best post-care products so you can preserve your wax results while protecting the skin against infections. You don't need to look anywhere else if you want the most unique wax formulas and the most durable accessories for your salon. Just call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out our website's contact form for more information. And don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest news and tips straight to your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa