7 Tips to Get Flawless Eyebrows
July 08, 2019Eyebrows are only an insignificant part of your face that barely anyone notices, right? WRONG! We didn't lose most of our body hair after evolving from our ancestors to keep those two tufts for no good reason; eyebrows are really important and having flawless eyebrows will make you feel that much more beautiful.
According to anthropologists and psychologists, brows play a physiological and psychological role to play in our daily lives. They prevent salty sweat and rain from flowing directly into the eyes, but they also improve human communication by strengthening expressions, shaping the face, and defining the eyes and forehead. If this isn't enough reason to take care of your brows, let's say that they can totally make you fiercer! With our tips and high-quality hair removal products and tools, at a salon or at home, you're bound to get the flawless brow game you need.
1. Choose the Right Grooming Method for YouThere isn't only one way to groom your brows, and you should find out which option is the best for you. Here are the most common ones:
Tweezing: you'll need a good pair of clean, fine-tipped tweezers to do the job properly. The advantage of this method is that you can do it on your own and pretty much anywhere you can find a mirror. Among the disadvantages, we can say that it is quite painful for some people, and according to some beauty specialists, it can make the skin under your eyebrows saggy over time.
Waxing: if you use appropriate hair removal products and accessories you can get a clean, fast, and efficient hair removal treatment for flawless eyebrows. Also, a hair growth retardant can be applied to make the between-session time slightly longer. However, if you suffer from heat sensitivity, this treatment is probably not the right way to go. Also, it is best done by a professional, so it can seem a little costly at first.
Threading: this popular method that has been trending in the last couple of years, but it is an ancient practice from the Middle East. This method is very precise and hair growth seems to take longer than with any of the other methods. Some people love how fast it can be done, but others think it is more painful than others. Since it is not very well-known, in some places it might be hard to find beauty salons that carry out the procedure.
2. Take your Whole Face into ConsiderationBecause they are such an important facial feature, brows can dramatically change the way we look. Don't search everywhere for "the perfect brow shape;" you already have it, and it's the natural arch above your browbone. However, if you plan to groom your brows yourself, you need to keep proportions and measure them with a very simple technique. Would you like to know more? You can check out our blog post, where you can find out what is the perfect eyebrow shape to enhance your face, and which are the basic measurements to consider when shaping to get flawless eyebrows.
Once you've got the right shape, you need to do some sprucing up to keep your brows looking marvelous, and makeup is the simplest way to do this.
3. Choose the Right Shade for Your BrowsThere is an endless array of products you can choose to define your eyebrows, but one of the most important things is choosing the right shade. If you have dark hair, you should use 1-2 shades lighter than your hair color. If you choose one that is too dark, your eyebrows will look unnatural and will become your face's focal point – not in a nice way. If you have light hair, you should do the opposite and choose a shade that is 1-2 times darker than your hair color. This will complement your hair color and highlight your eyes.
4. Stay Away from the MirrorContrary to what you may think, you should set a distance from the mirror when shaping your eyebrows, so you can see the "whole picture". Standing at least a foot away from the mirror will give you a better perspective and allow you to see how your eyebrows are looking with respect to your whole face.
5. Use the Right ToolsIf you wax, make sure you use soft wax, hard wax or cold wax strips for sensitive skin. This area calls for extra care. Try aloe vera + chamomile extract wax strips or sensitive soft waxes .
There are some basic eyebrow tools to be found in every woman's makeup bag. First, you need a brow pencil to help you fill in any gaps there might be or to improve your brow shape. A brow highlighter will give your eyes a brighter look, open up your eyes, and draw light to your face. You also need a good pair of tweezers. Even if you wax or thread your eyebrows, you need them in case you come across the occasional stray. You want to choose a pair of tweezers with a good grip and pointed tips for precision. A spoolie brush is the perfect tool for shaping your brow after you fill it in with the pencil. And, last but not least, use brow gel to keep rebel brows in place and settle any other product you have used. The brow gel can be tinted or clear.
6. Don't Try Too Hard…… to make them look exactly the same. Many women think their eyebrows should be identical, but this is not the case. As we all know, each side of the body is slightly different than the other, and that applies to our eyebrows as well. Just follow your brows' natural shape to enhance and define them. We promise it's not too hard to get flawless eyebrows! Just to show you that different shapes have their own charm, check our previous blog post "Eyebrow Shapes Through History and the Women Who Started Each Trend."
7. Remember, A Little Pampering Never Hurt AnybodyFinally, if you want to keep your flawless eyebrows that look healthy and natural, you should moisturize the area around your eyebrows when moisturizing your face by using natural oils such as castor, olive, and coconut oil to stimulate hair growth.
We hope you found these tips for flawless eyebrows helpful and informative. You take care of your brow shape, Beauty Image can take care of offering professional waxes and waxing accessories for the best brow grooming you've ever had. Call TOLL FREE 1-888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form below to get in touch with us and subscribe to our newsletter if you want to get the latest news about us right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa