5 Must Hair Removal Products for Leg Waxing
July 22, 2019Leg waxing time doesn't have to be dreaded. If you choose the correct hair removal products, it can be a walk in the park. Since we are specialists in waxes and waxing, we will always recommend soft waxes, hard waxes or cold strips to remove leg hair, but we know how important it is to have knowledge of all available options. So, we will run down several hair removal products and let you make your choice according to your particular preferences. Get ready to rock stunning legs!
1. WaxesEstheticians and DIYers alike use a variety of waxes to get flawless legs. The choice depends on which type of wax makes handling most comfortable for you, the results you get with them, and how practical they are for you.
Soft Waxes for Leg Waxing
Soft wax does a great job for leg waxing, especially for people with sparse hair (because this type of wax cannot be reapplied in the same spot twice or it can over-exfoliate skin). Soft wax also tends to be more economical than other types of wax, which makes it a wonderful option. Roll-ons, which are made of soft wax too, provide the same benefits.
If you are looking for a soft wax that leaves skin bright and detoxified, we recommend Luxe Detox Soft Wax, which combines activated charcoal with caviar extract and provides skin, two excellent detoxifiers that rid skin of impurities. Professionals and regular clients alike can enjoy the creamy texture of this wax and find it very easy to use (also in its roll-on version).
Hard Waxes for Leg Waxing
Many salons prefer hard waxes for most of their procedures, including leg waxing. The reasons are multiple: it is easier to apply and clean up, more malleable, and re-applicable on the same spot (which helps with hairier clients).
The best hard wax for leg waxing should contain extra-moisturizing and brightening ingredients. Finewax Glamour beads have exactly that: they are infused with argan oil, the secret Middle Eastern elixir for supple skin, and gold powder. The results? Ultra-smooth and glowing legs.
Cold Wax Strips for Leg Waxing
This is probably the most popular choice with DIY waxers. It has several advantages: they need little to no preparation; they are portable and can be used easily without any experience. The only problem may be related to their effectiveness on coarse or abundant hair, but they are perfect for quick upkeep. Want to use them like a pro? Head to "How to Use Cold Wax Strips."
Cold wax strip packs are very convenient for home use, so keep one pack of body strips and one pack of facial strips to cover any hair removal emergency just like you went to the wax bar. Our picks are enriched with aloe vera and come with post-depilatory towelettes with calming oil and growth retardant. Waxing was never easier.
2. Pre- and Post-depilatoriesDespite the fact that these aren't really hair removal products, you should invest in them if you want the perfect prepping and soothing complement to have a complete waxing treatment. Before starting the waxing procedure, use a pre-depilatory to clean the area from skin products and sweat. Then, when you finish the treatment, a post-depilatory is perfect to eliminate all wax residue, soothe, moisturize and condition the skin.
Pre- and post-depilatories have different textures: lotions, sherbets, gels or oils. Choose the right ingredients and formula for the skin type and you'll notice that the whole waxing treatment goes more smoothly, and your skin feels a lot better. Among the most popular ingredients in pre- and post-depilatories, we have aloe, AHAs (to avoid ingrown hairs), oat, shea butter, argan oil, and even detoxifying agents like activated charcoal.
We widely recommend an antiseptic pre-depilatory lotion to eliminate all risk of infection before waxing. As for post-depilatories, there is a wide variety you can choose from, but we're sure you'll enjoy a good champagne-fraises tonic; it'll refresh, clean, soothe and moisturize freshly waxes legs just fine.
Basic Leg Waxing
If you choose waxes over any other hair removal product, you have made a wise choice. Regardless of the type of wax you're planning to use, you should follow a plan to do a clean leg waxing:
Start by visually dividing the leg into sections below the knee. Start at the front of the leg and nearer to the ankle and work your way up; when the front is done, turn around. Apply the wax in the direction of hair growth (whether it's soft, hard, or cold strips), and pull against the direction of hair growth, always being careful to keep skin taut, especially in the ankle area, which is the most delicate one. Also, apply pressure on the skin right after pulling the wax off to diminish the sensation of pain and discomfort.
If you want to learn more in-depth details on how to prep for leg waxing, read our blog post "Leg Waxing: The Right Way to Prepare Your Legs for Waxing".
3. EpilatorsLots of women choose these machines over the razor or body waxing because they are easy to use at home and provide long-lasting results. Epilators work like tweezer heads on a spinning piece; they grab hair and yank it out from the root. Some people find epilators to be more painful than waxing, while others stand for the contrary opinion.
The advantages of this method according to some people are several: saving money on continuous appointments or other hair removal products, doing it at home, and above all, getting hair-free skin for three to four weeks. Besides, once you epilate more often, the hair root weakens and produces sparser hair.
4. Depilatory CreamsIf you are looking for chemical hair removal products, these creams make the cut. They contain chemicals that break down the hair and dissolve it, providing completely painless hair removal. If your pain threshold is too low, depilatory creams or the good ol' razors are the way to go.
Depilatory creams are pretty inexpensive and now they come with better formulas and better fragrances (they used to be frowned at because of their strong smell). Only beware of doing a patch test before you use it on an extensive area, to rule out any adverse reaction you may have.
5. Home Laser DevicesProfessional laser removal has a home-friendly counterpart: laser devices that you can use in the comfort and privacy of your home. The wavelength used by these devices is not as effective, except for fair skin and dark hair. If you have these characteristics and you have already had professional laser sessions, then you can really take advantage of it. But bear in mind that these can be a bit expensive.
Now you have a broader scope of hair removal products for flawless legs. If you choose to go for waxes and waxing accessories, then Beauty Image is the way to go. Get in touch with us, we will be happy to inform you about our wide range of products. Just call TOLL FREE 888-513-8815 or fill out the contact form you will find on this website. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to get our news and promotions right in your inbox.
If you found this article helpful, then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to hair removal products? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook @BeautyImageUSA, Twitter @BeautyImageUSA and Instagram @beautyimageusa